• Wing Rider

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Hyper/Mega

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Most Confty/Unconfty B&M Seats

I prefer a restraint that is as least restrictive as possible, so the most comfortable would have to be the hyper restraints, a nice little lap bar with plenty of room for movement.

The most uncomfortable are definitely the wing-ride restraints. They are a big rubber sheet that goes over your shoulders and covers your whole torso, and they work like a seatbelt in the way that if you try to move forward it locks, really restricting your movement. Once the ride actually got going you don't really notice them but sitting in the station and going up the lift-hill I felt extremely uncomfortable and claustrophobic at how little I could physically move my body. Very uncomfortable.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm in a really **** ty mood, but instead of bitching you out, I've just gone and edited your topic title so that you don't look like such an illiterate fool.

I must be mellowing in my old age.

Anyway, the mega/hyper restraints are great.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Re: Most Confty/Unconfty B&M Seats

nadroJ said:
The most uncomfortable are definitely the wing-ride restraints. They are a big rubber sheet that goes over your shoulders and covers your whole torso, and they work like a seatbelt in the way that if you try to move forward it locks, really restricting your movement. Once the ride actually got going you don't really notice them but sitting in the station and going up the lift-hill I felt extremely uncomfortable and claustrophobic at how little I could physically move my body. Very uncomfortable.
They are the same as the flying coaster, but without the leg restraints.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Not really, I've been on Raptor, Air, Superman and Manta so can make quite a good comparison. On the latter 3 I didn't feel like having a panic attack, Raptor, the wingrider, I did. So no, not the same but without the leg restraints, much more restrictive than that.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Well, I have also been on quite a few flying and on Raptor, and in my opinion, it's just due to the fact that if you are lying down on them, you do feel better with them, whereas if you are just sitting it feels too restrictive. I get the same feel on a flying station in the sitting position as in Raptor.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Comfy:
Mega Coaster T-shaped clamshell harness
Flying coaster shoulder harness

Uncomfy:
Stand-up. Why even ask the question?

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Flying by far is the most uncomfortable followed by the floorless. Stand up isn't too bad on the newer ones but mantis is pure ****. Most comfortable is probably hypers.

andrus

Giga Poster
I actuallt prefer the flyer restraints to the hyper ones! I don't fancy the looping restraints (sit-down/DM/invert) though, they're too small for me and uncomfortably stiff..

Ben

CF Legend
The Hypers are the best.

The Flyers aren't "comfortable", but, to say they're bad is a bit harsh. They're miles better than the Vekoma ones or... *laughs*... the Volares...

The Stand-Ups would be the second most uncomfortable, but, they're not exactly vile.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Ive never been uncomfortable on a B&M
Even on Mantis and Green Lantern I had good rides and was able to get good stance and not be uncomfortable. Hypers, Floorless, Sit-Downs and Flyers are the best for me. Oh and Dive Machines.
OK .... so all of them.
Seriously every time I sit down in a B&M chair I just go 'ooo'

Error

Strata Poster
I would say stand ups...but after riding togo I'll ride a B&M stand up ALL DAMN DAY.

They're rather good, and most love them (Minus my roommate who hates how open the hypers are)

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I'd say Hypers are definatly the most comfortable, infact i'd say theyre the best out of all manufacturers since they don't require a seatbelt unlike Intamin.

I don't mind the flying coaster restraints, I always felt comfortable onthe 2 Flyers i've tried.

Standing coasters, the restraint itself doesn't seem uncomfortable, but I got really painfull cramp in my right calf on the Immelman on Mantis, I can only presume it's down to either the forces at that point in the ride, or I had a really bad stance, I never had a problem on Iron Wolf.

I recently went back to Thorpe Park and rode Nemesis Inferno and at two points during the ride my head was slammed into the restraint on my right side. Vekoma SLC's do it to me every time, but I never noticed it on a B&M before.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hypers most comfortable, and Stand Ups most uncomfortable because of their sheerly awkward position.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Most comfortable - Dive coasters.

Most uncomfortable would be the flying models. Air always makes me feel slightly sick for some reason.