What's new

Most Appealing Coaster Models

Hutch

Strata Poster
Is there a specific coaster type that you have yet to try out yet, or one that you want to ride more of? What coaster model(s) do you want to ride/try out the most?

The obvious one is RMC, and I assume that a lot of us would agree on that. Several of their rides seem to appear on many goons' bucket lists, including mine.

Another model that's looks great are the Mack launched and mega coasters. They all seem to offer very smooth, rerideable rides with very nice trains.

I'd also love to try out the B&M gigas, which seem to have plenty of intensity that the hypers may not have.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Don't have an RMC or Mack under my belt....yet, but Fury 325 is INCREDIBLE. Relentless speed and the airtime...oh my lord the airtime is just incredible.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'd like to try the Mack Blue Fire model.... I've ridden SeaWorld San Diego's Manta Mack launch... and it was fun but I wasn't overly impressed. The Blue Fire looks superior.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
RMC coasters are definitely the top of my list. Should be riding a few in October though <3. A B&M Giga would definitely be up there too, as would a larger GG woodie (only done Twister) and a Vekoma Flying Dutchman. Oh and an S&S launch coaster.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I think I'm in the same boat as most people here since I also want to ride an RMC and any large Mack coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster
bentcookie said:
Don't have an RMC or Mack under my belt....yet, but Fury 325 is INCREDIBLE. Relentless speed and the airtime...oh my lord the airtime is just incredible.
Is the airtime better than on their hypers? Ejector even??

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'd do anything to get on one of the S&S Launch coasters over in China, they look insane!

Or a wooden coaster, I've only ridden two and they are known as two of the worst :( Gwazi and Stampida.

Ben

CF Legend
The only one I can think of is a Vekoma Tilt Coaster.

I've literally done every other coaster type I can think of wanting to do :/

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
For the actual ride, RMCs.

Aesthetically, I have a love for B&M Wingriders.

For a nice middle ground, MACK and Intamin launches, and B&M Gigas.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
andrus said:
bentcookie said:
Is the airtime better than on their hypers? Ejector even??
By a long shot! The floater out of the treble clef is really good, but the ejector over the hills really took me by surprise. It's the best airtime B&M has ever done. You also get little bonus pops of air exiting some of the speed turns.

Zac

Roller Poster
I want to ride a ZacSpin because it has my name in it, but I also want to ride a flying coaster because it looks different to anything I have experienced before, and I want to go on a Screaming Squirrel for the banter (although hopefully in a few weeks I will get to :D).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I need some RMC in my life. I almost went to Texas instead of the trip I'm on now, but I wanted to see some new countries over going to the US again and getting some creds.

I may do that trip this time next year instead though.

Otherwise, I think I've done most ride types to be honest.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
CanobieFan said:
I'd like to try the Mack Blue Fire model.... I've ridden SeaWorld San Diego's Manta Mack launch... and it was fun but I wasn't overly impressed. The Blue Fire looks superior.

I've not ridden all that many coasters, but it's probably the most 'complete package' coaster I've ridden.

S

SimonSays99

Off the shelf coaster model:

Intamin MegaLite

Costum coaster systems:

Intamin Wing Coaster (Skyrush)
Mack MegaCoaster (BlueFire / Helix)
Gerstlauer Infinity w/Lapbar (Karacho / Kärnan)
Schwarzkopf LoopingRacer w/ Conic Joint Track System (Thriller / Olympia / Mindbender)
Intamin/Cordes preFab Wooden Coaster (ElToro / Balder / Colossos)

On wooden coasters I still prefer the Intamin/Cordes over RMC - but have so far ridden only Goliath at SFGAm, and that one feels like a wooden B&M coaster - looking impressive but forces are very mild.