What's new

Morey's Pier in Wildwood, NJ - Wooden Roller Coaster

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Seems like this topic comes up every 3-4 years, but there's been no word on it since the LA Times claimed in 2011 that it would open in 2013. Here is the topic that was created back then: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32900
I remember UC showing me the original plans in 2008 in the first topic that had been posted years before I joined CF and then we had another one in 2009 with those photos and the link sparky2u posted.
The cost was estimated at $12 million back then, so I imagine that amount has probably doubled by now and the park simply can't afford to build it (at least for the foreseeable future). The Jersey Shore has been through some rough times over the past few years, but hopefully things will change for the shore parks as much as it has for the industry on the whole and maybe this baby will become a reality. Of course that's just wishful thinking and we'll likely never hear anything about this project again unless another member digs up these old photos or plans in another 3-4 years. :wink: