What's new

Missing You...

Snoo

The Legend
Haven't been on: Drachen Fire.. not because it was any good.. just because it was unique and different.
Have been on: Big Bad Wolf.. same as above.

Jer

Strata Poster
I would have to say Chiller, I always thought that ride was great fun, and I would love to have it back and finally ride the Batman side.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I would say "You're kidding, right?", but I know you're not. I wish it was still there, but I would rather have GASM back than Chiller.
I really would agree with Snoo on his choices, but there are two that are a notch above for me.
Haven't been on: Eagle Fortress - it's SBNO, but does anyone really believe they'll ever operate it again?
Have been on: Thriller - when it was a traveling coaster on the German Fair circuit before Premier Rides' track modifications. I used to love that baby.

This probably sounds stupid because it wasn't a great coaster by any means, but I miss Big Dipper at Geauga Lake. That park has such a nostalgic value for me, so I pretty much miss everything there, but most of the good coasters have been relocated apart from that one because it would just be impractical.

I wish Geauga Lake as a whole was back actually </3

marc

CF Legend
For me Thunder Looper at Alton, I enjoyed it and without it the area is just not the same.

I also wish the Flying Fish was still Space Station Zero.

Colossus

Giga Poster
The Black Hole, Alton Towers. My first coaster, it closed before I became an enthusiast, so couldn't really appreciate it and have vague memories of when I rode it. What I wouldn't give for one more ride.

TilenB

Strata Poster
ECG said:
^
I really would agree with Snoo on his choices, but there are two that are a notch above for me.
Haven't been on: Eagle Fortress - it's SBNO, but does anyone really believe they'll ever operate it again?

It won't, they are already building a replacement.
I miss Sierra Tonante.

Jer

Strata Poster
Since people seem to be posting rides they haven't been on as well. I would like to add Flashback at SFMM. Not because it was an amazing ride, but because it was so unique. I cant imagine what it would be like to ride it and it would be great to experience it now.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^ Trust me, if you had you'd wish you hadn't, it was one of the most brutal experiences of my life (worse than Psyclone).

Back on subject I wish Zonga was back at SFDK and that Premier had never be let within a hundred miles of it.

Jer

Strata Poster
^ I had no doubt it would be an awful ride with it's age, and design, and there must've only been one for a reason. But I really would want to ride it for the pure fact that it was the only one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I rode it once...honestly can't really remember it, but my brother still loves it and misses it, but he's also a bit crazy.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
The Black Hole, Alton Towers. My first coaster, it closed before I became an enthusiast, so couldn't really appreciate it and have vague memories of when I rode it. What I wouldn't give for one more ride.

Eugh, POS coaster. If it wasn't so busy bashing your sides it would be the dullest coaster ever. I got one of the last rides ever on it, and I wish I hadn't.

I can't think of a ride I really miss though. River Caves at Southport? The entire family adored that ride, it was so ****.

I'd like the see The Bullet back in action actually, that was great fun and I do love shuttle loops.

For ones I've not been on, one of Fred Church's "Bobs" rides would be great, but essentially Troy is a remake of them anyway. Similarly, Aeroplane Coaster would be nice; Wodan has some elements from it though.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I wish I got to ride Python at BGT, its sad that the classic Arrows are slowly disappearing. As for rides that I've been on I'm going to miss Jaws but it was time for him to be put down.

Colossus

Giga Poster
furie said:
Almost as **** as Black Hole :roll:

Oh I have no doubt that if the Black Hole was still about it would be crap. It`s just it`s the only coaster I have ridden, that I have virtually almost no memory of at all (maybe because it was crap :)) because it was such along time ago and I only rode it once.

Jake

Strata Poster
I have nice memories of Black Hole, but it's purely nostalgic.

I remember it from when I only got to Alton once a year and the magic was there. I didn't know much about coasters so didn't know any better.

I can't totally blame Alton for the 'magic' being lost... I'm partly at fault for visiting too much, and going further afield and educating myself with other parks and coasters.

This is probably why a lot of people think highly of Black Hole, when in reality it was probably a bit vile. If it was there today we'd all hate it, I'm sure.