What's new

Minor changes you would make to existing attractions

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Steel Vengeance. Yes it's the best ride in the world... but it's not perfect. That second inversion - the one where the direction of rotation changes half way through, the one that kinda hurts if you don't brace for it - yeah I'd change that. Swap it out for either a full, barrell-roll down-drop, like Storm Chaser's first drop, or better still a full on, Zadra style stall.

Time Traveler. I'd get rid of the pause before the first launch. It really interrupts the flow of the ride, especially after such a strong start with that vertical drop out of the station. A rolling launch would have been much more thrilling and dynamic.

Icon. Longer, faster launches and just a bit more height and speed. Wouldn't have taken much more effort, an extra 10% of each could have transformed a solid coaster into something really special. Maybe another cheeky inversion towards the end too.

Colossus. New trains innit. With lap bars. S'obvious.

Last edited:

Heth

Mega Poster
Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Orlando

Amazing ride, but it always irked me that the theme changes from movie set, to Egyptian Tomb to acknowledging that it's a theme park ride. I'd propose consistently theming it as a Tomb like the Singapore version is.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Steel Vengeance. Yes it's the best ride in the world... but it's not perfect. That second inversion - the one where the direction of rotation changes half way through, the one that kinda hurts if you don't brace for it - yeah I'd change that. Swap it out for either a full, barrell-roll down-drop, like Storm Chaser's first drop, or better still a full on, Zadra style stall.

Time Traveler. I'd get rid of the pause before the first launch. It really interrupts the flow of the ride, especially after such a strong start with that vertical drop out of the station. A rolling launch would have been much more thrilling and dynamic.

Icon. Longer, faster launches and just a bit more height and speed. Wouldn't have taken much more effort, an extra 10% of each could have transformed a solid coaster into something really special. Maybe another cheeky imversion towards the end too.

Colossus. New trains innit. With lap bars. S'obvious.
Hate agreeing with you but damn you've nailed this :rolleyes:
Stall wouldn't work though because of where the entry point is, and it's a pretty major change 😉

Wildfire Kolmarden - drop the height of both drops over the ridges by 5 ft = a much better 2nd half
Hyperion - New trains that don't shuffle
Taron - Remove trims from final few hills, put them in just before the final turn if essential
Helix - Replace final inversion with Blue Fire Heartline and connect track

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster

Amazing ride, but it always irked me that the theme changes from movie set, to Egyptian Tomb to acknowledging that it's a theme park ride. I'd propose consistently theming it as a Tomb like the Singapore version is.
I agree with you on the movie studio part, but the fake station with the show into the second launch is one of the coolest sequences on any ride, and the only change I want them to make to that part is to refresh the scene and make it more realistic without changing the concept too much.

spicy

Giga Poster

Looks like it could be going down that route as the Brendan Fraser scene at the end has been removed.
It reopens this week after it’s refurb so we shall see.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hate agreeing with you but damn you've nailed this :rolleyes:
Stall wouldn't work though because of where the entry point is, and it's a pretty major change 😉
Been saying it for years - that inversion is ****. Straight ejector hill is what I'd do. Something like the cliff dive from Iron Rattler.

I'd reprofile that first hill on Abyssus so the trims don't have to bite as hard and render the rest of the ride a gentle meander.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Th13teen - make the trim on the first drop less noticeable. Imagine it flying through that outside section as intended <3

Taron - tweak that final airtime hill with the trim into some sort of double down. Might help with reducing the need for a trim?

Okay, neither of those are 'minor', because they have major consequences one way or another... For stuff a bit more minor:
Swarm - add something around that final turnaround. It's so awkward and out the way and completely bare.

Galactica - some cool light effects in the infamous tunnel

Icon - tunnels around the launches, with lights / effects to try and give the illusion of them being faster