What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

Matt N

CF Legend
So it took a year (and a different set of parks), but after 2021 I've hit the big 100 and beyond.

#100 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise, Movie Park Germany
#110 - Calamity Mine, Walibi Belgium
#120 - Typhoon, Bobbejaanland
#125 - Oki Doki, Bobbejaanland
#130 - Trace Du Hourra, Parc Astérix
Congratulations @cookie! I'm hoping to hit the 3-figure club myself before too long... 2022 is a long shot, but I think 2023 might be the year!

cookie

Giga Poster
Congratulations @cookie! I'm hoping to hit the 3-figure club myself before too long... 2022 is a long shot, but I think 2023 might be the year!
Thanks. I'm gunning for #150 this summer (hoping I do make it to the Netherlands this time and have Walibi's Goliath take that honor) and #200 before I turn 30 in 2024. Maybe try Energylandia in 2023 to boost that count up a notch.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
Wow, over 500 at 14! When did you become an enthusiast, out of interest?
I wasn't really an "enthusiast" until the pandemic, but I just happen to ride a ton of coasters lol. a lot of the stuff in the northeast (like SFNE, Canobie lake etc.) were at least 6-7 years ago

Projektion

Mega Poster
1 - Tami Tami @ Port Aventura
50 - Tornado @ Parque de Atracciones de Madrid
100 - Formula @ Energylandia
150 - Red Falcon @ Hirakata Park
200 - Kumba @ Busch Gardens Tampa

I'm pretty sure my 1 is wrong since I'm certain we had family visits to other parks or I rode on fair ground roller coasters when I was younger but I can't remember anything before we started going to PA for holidays, so it's what I'm going with.

I originally intended on my 100 being Zadra and at first I thought it was. In 2020 during the first Covid lockdown, I finally went through and listed/ranked all my creds and I noticed I had forgot to count one and this ended up pushing Zadra from my 100 to 101 and making Formula my 100.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Better.
#100 Battlestar Galactica Human - Universal Studios Singapore
#200 Troy - Toverland
#300 Ultra Twister Megaton - Greenland
#400 Gold Rush - Slagharen
#500 Shambhala - Portaventura
#600 Rocky Coaster - Suzuka Circuit
#700 HangTime - Knott's Berry Farm
#800 Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
#900 Raptor - Gardaland
#1000 Hyperion - Energylandia
#1100 Spirou Racing - Parc Spirou
#1200 Mine Blower - Fun Spot America

Matt N

CF Legend
Better.
#100 Battlestar Galactica Human - Universal Studios Singapore
#200 Troy - Toverland
#300 Ultra Twister Megaton - Greenland
#400 Gold Rush - Slagharen
#500 Shambhala - Portaventura
#600 Rocky Coaster - Suzuka Circuit
#700 HangTime - Knott's Berry Farm
#800 Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
#900 Raptor - Gardaland
#1000 Hyperion - Energylandia
#1100 Spirou Racing - Parc Spirou
#1200 Mine Blower - Fun Spot America
Congratulations @HeartlineCoaster! Does this mean we can soon expect a Florida trip report from you?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
20220408_225621.jpg

I know what you're thinking: 'Howie, you dick, 420 isn't a milestone coaster'.
Well, it is if you're me. By pure accident it ended up being a rather appropriately named one too.
Thinking about it, it's a pity we didn't save this visit for a week on Wednesday, then the date would have been right too.
Not all of you will understand this and if that's you, don't worry about it, move along.
But if you do, then... high five! ✋

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
View attachment 17073

I know what you're thinking: 'Howie, you dick, 420 isn't a milestone coaster'.
Well, it is if you're me.
Thinking about it, it's a pity we didn't save this visit for a week on Wednesday, then the date would have been right too.
Not all of you will understand this and if that's you, don't worry about it, move along.
But if you do, then... high five! ✋
While I’ll digress that I don’t know your thinking behind making 420 a milestone, it’s clearly important to you; congratulations @Howie!

What did you think to RTH, out of interest? Or are you doing a longer review in the Last Cred Review topic?

Hutch

Strata Poster
1. Yankee Cannonball
50. Stealth
100. Voyage
150. Fury 325
200. Mystic Timbers
250. Abismo

Not my preferred choice, but I'll take it mostly for the uniqueness factor.

Kcg1nKp.jpg

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
hitting 4 major milestones on my vacation starting next Saturday.
70 will be copperhead strike at carowinds
75 will be superman: ride of steel at six flags America
80 will be mind eraser or roar at six flags america
85 will be pantheon at bush gardens Williamsburg
will do my best to have signs made for each ride.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I have an update from my Busch Gardens Tampa visit yesterday! :)
#1: Barnstormer (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom) I rode it when I was very young.
#75: Mystic Timbers (Kings Island) I rode this in August 2017 on my first coaster road trip!
#100: Phoenix (Knoebels) I also rode this in August 2017 on my first coaster road trip!
#125: The Voyage (Holiday World) I rode this during the amazing Holiwood Nights event on June 1st & 2nd, 2018!
#150: Scorpion (Busch Gardens Tampa) I rode this yesterday (April 15, 2019). It's a fun ride and all, however, it fell short of my expectations. There were decent forces in the loop at the beginning and 900 degree helix at the end, but there was lots of vibrations and jolts in the trackwork - it wasn't a rough ride, but Scorpion looked less jerky than it rode. I chose this over Cobra's Curse (#149) because I am obsessed with Schwarzkopf's masterpieces such as the Mind-Bender duo (Both of which I have ridden ;)), Olympia Looping (which I have not yet ridden but I greatly aspire to) and Tsunami (Sadly, this one was demolished in 2016 :(:mad:). It's a solid, compact family coaster that delivers a classic thrill; but watch out for the jerky turns!
After 3 years, it's time for another update.

#175: The Dark Knight Coaster (Six Flags Great Adventure) - June 2021
#200: Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (Islands of Adventure) - April 2022

I didn't realize Hagrids was #200 until a month after my ride. I planned for #200 to be Orion at Kings Island, so ahead of that milestone, I wanted to check my old list of coaster credits one more time. After some recounting of defunct credits and racing coasters, I was at 199 (as I suspected). But the next time I pulled up RCDB, the Random Roller Coaster page was ironically the one I'd forgotten on my list - https://rcdb.com/4343.htm. Being as obsessed with accuracy as I am, I counted Tasmanian Tiger. So while it would've been nice to ride Orion with a #200 sign, Hagrids was a really fun 200th coaster - even if I didn't realize it was #200 at the time of riding.

Matt N

CF Legend
70: Cyclone
2e10b1ba039d95780933b60eda5056f9.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
After 3 years, it's time for another update.

#175: The Dark Knight Coaster (Six Flags Great Adventure) - June 2021
#200: Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (Islands of Adventure) - April 2022

I didn't realize Hagrids was #200 until a month after my ride. I planned for #200 to be Orion at Kings Island, so ahead of that milestone, I wanted to check my old list of coaster credits one more time. After some recounting of defunct credits and racing coasters, I was at 199 (as I suspected). But the next time I pulled up RCDB, the Random Roller Coaster page was ironically the one I'd forgotten on my list - https://rcdb.com/4343.htm. Being as obsessed with accuracy as I am, I counted Tasmanian Tiger. So while it would've been nice to ride Orion with a #200 sign, Hagrids was a really fun 200th coaster - even if I didn't realize it was #200 at the time of riding.
Congratulations both!