What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ We all gotta start somewhere. I take it that your first non-Six Flags coaster will also have to be considered a milestone as well. :p

BBH

Giga Poster
Actually my first coaster was Little Dipper when it was still at Kiddieland. I was four, there was nobody there since it was overcast, and I got to ride 6 times in a row.

At least, that's what the uncle said.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Re:

East Coast(er) General said:
1. Roller Coaster @ Kiddie Park of San Antonio
3. Swamp Fox @ Family Kingdom (1st wooden coaster)
10. Thunder Road @ Carowinds
25. Batman The Ride @ Six Flags Great Adventure
50. Maverick @ Cedar Point
100. Led Zeppelin - The Ride @ Hard Rock Park
200. Matterhorn Bobsleds @ Disneyland
300. Iron Wolf @ Six Flags Great America
400. Sky Rocket @ Kennywood
500. Sequoia Adventure @ Gardaland
600. Tornado @ Adventureland (Altoona, Iowa)
700. Monstre @ La Ronde

Didn't know I would hit 700 at La Ronde, but then I didn't know that Monstre had two distinctly different tracks. :--D
Not bad considering that I reached 600 about six weeks ago.

bmac

Giga Poster

ECG said:
3. Swamp Fox @ Family Kingdom (1st non-kiddie coaster)
700. Monstre @ La Ronde

Didn't know I would hit 700 at La Ronde, but then I didn't know that Monstre had two distinctly different tracks. :--D

You've gotten over 600 credits in the span of 4 years... I thought 120 before turning 18 was a good milestone :(

I MIGHT break 200 next year if I can get to every park on my list, which involves about 10 parks I have yet to visit.

Ben

CF Legend

bmac said:
ECG said:
3. Swamp Fox @ Family Kingdom (1st non-kiddie coaster)
700. Monstre @ La Ronde

You've gotten over 600 credits in the span of 4 years... I thought 120 before turning 18 was a good milestone :(

I MIGHT break 200 next year if I can get to every park on my list, which involves about 10 parks I have yet to visit.

It's great to have hit 100 by the time you're 18! Jerry's been around since the Dinosaurs, his count should be bigger. Think of what yours will be by the time you're just dust in a pair of cargo shorts too, and be content.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Ben said:
Jerry's been around since the Dinosaurs, his count should be bigger.
So true, but I can't count all the traveling coasters I rode at the German fairs when I was a kid (especially since I never paid attention to their names :p ).
My count was 86 when I joined CF four years ago. Just think about how much your count will increase if you have a son who's into coasters. :wink:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Personally, I find http://www.coaster-count.com better. It's generally easier to navigate/find parks and coasters to check off, isn't missing as much as coaster counter (I'm not sure about now, but I used to get frustrated with coaster counter not having quite a few parks I'd been to) and you can choose how you count your coasters, for example whether to include powered coasters, butterflies etc.

Treeis

Mega Poster
I did it! I finally hit #50! And it was...

..The Swarm! I sat in the back seat and really enjoyed it!

bmac

Giga Poster
Oh, that might be worth a shot. The one I linked to didn't have Skyrush until 3 weeks after I rode it. Verbolten also was n't added until a few weeks after its opening day. The guy is nice and he keeps the site up better than coasterfanatics did, but it still is annoying trying to add new parks to the list.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It seems like they basically just keep up with RCDB and stay pretty much in tune with them, only they're sometimes more "generous" with their counting methods. For example, they'll have mobius coasters (like Grand National or Racer at Kennywood) as two credits when really they're just one track - I personally take one off my count for those - and they include those bayern curve things, which don't appear on RCDB at all, as "undefined" coasters. Personally, I count those as I see them as powered coasters. Hell, if a Go-Gator is a coaster then those things clearly are.

The maps are great as well; you can see the areas with the greatest concentrations of coasters, which is great for trip planning.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Thanks to bmac, I looked at my credits.

#1. Viper, Darien Lake

#50. Skyrush

Skyrush is a good one to have at 50...I like the way that worked out!