What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
100: Troy, Toverland
150: Moncayo, Parque de Attraciones de Zaragoza

Have the likes of Shambala and Kahn on the same trip but the milestone ends up as that.....

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
100: X-Flight (Geauga Lake)
200: Superman: Ride of Steel (Six Flags America)
300: Wicked Cyclone (Six Flags New England)
399: Steel Vengeance (Cedar Point)

It's going to be a bit awkward rolling up to Canobie Lake next month and picking which disappointment will be 400 (Probably Yankee Cannonball).

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Actually, I have a dilemma. I was keeping track of my count and realized 300 would fall on a classic ride and what is still a great coaster: KW’s Jack Rabbit. This, to me, was a satisfying choice, and I rode it with a feeling of it being that milestone.

Then I discovered that I had neglected to check four coasters I’d ridden a week earlier at Kings Island. So that made me recalibrate and realize that my actual 300th had been Comet at Waldameer, an older coaster but nothing special.

So now which one do I need to say was my 300th, the emotionally true choice of Jack Rabbit, or the mathematically true choice of the Comet?

:confused:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
100: X-Flight (Geauga Lake)
200: Superman: Ride of Steel (Six Flags America)
300: Wicked Cyclone (Six Flags New England)
399: Steel Vengeance (Cedar Point)

It's going to be a bit awkward rolling up to Canobie Lake next month and picking which disappointment will be 400 (Probably Yankee Cannonball).
giphy.gif

Matt N

CF Legend
The only milestone coaster I currently have is:
1st - Runaway Mine Train (Alton Towers)
So I'm going to have to go up in tens as far as I can:
10th - Unknown
20th - Unknown
30th - Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)
40th will be - Wicker Man (Alton Towers) (provided it's open on the 18th March)
Sorry to bump the thread, but I reckon this needs an update! Since then, I've hit both my 40th coaster and my 50th coaster! I might even add dates, too! So:
(New milestones in bold.)
1st: Runaway Mine Train (Alton Towers) (exact date unknown)
10th: Unknown
20th: Unknown
30th: Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) (22nd August 2016)
40th: Wicker Man (Alton Towers) (25th March 2018)
50th: Big One (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (14th August 2018)

60th will likely be something at WDW next April! I'm really glad to have finally hit the big 50th, though!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry to bump the thread, but I reckon this needs an update!
Dude, stop apologising! The last post in this thread was a month ago, and it's one of those rolling threads that we always expect to see floating around the top. I do appreciate your politeness, but it's starting to become a little much!

Good work on 50! Was a long time ago for me, but I remember the excitement, so enjoy. :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
60th will likely be something at WDW next April! I'm really glad to have finally hit the big 50th, though!

Delly P's right y'know. 10's are only permissable up to 50.
75 is kinda ok, I guess, but you defo cant have 60. No way. That's just too easy. ;)

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
75 is kinda ok, I guess, but you defo cant have 60. No way. That's just too easy. ;)
In the spirit of this bracing admonition, I know some are against 50s after a certain point, but what the hell — I hit 350 yesterday:

100 — Woodstock Express! (Who cares which one)
150 — Skyrush
200 — Mako
250 — Diamondback
300 — Comet at Waldameer (owing to my miscalculation)
350 — Monster (Adventureland)

Hoping to hit 400 this week, but I just did a Griswold at a planned park stop along the route, so I’m not sure what the final tally will be.

Matt N

CF Legend
What I was going to do was count the 10s up to the first 100 and then revert to just the 50s and then possibly just the 100s.

Thank you all for your congratulations on my first big milestone! Oh, and I apologise for apologising too much (oh god, I did it again!) @Hixee. I kind of do it subconsciously, and because I don't want to get banned for doing something wrong without apologising.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I sort of understand @Matt N ’s need to apologise. On the internet, people can be quite harsh and picky (or it can seem that way) and apologising is almost like a way of pre-emptively humbling yourself in order to dissuade others from attacking any little mistakes you might have made, since you’re admitting the possibility that you have. That way, even if you come across like an idiot, you at least don’t seem completely ignorant of that ;)

Though tbf, the people who care enough to keep apologising do probably put enough thought into their posts to not come across as an idiot, unless you judge very harshly. But I agree you don’t ‘need’ to apologise, @Matt N, you’re a good poster :)