What's new

Migraines!

Do you suffer from Migraines? (occasionally is a yes)

• Yes - I am male.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I am male.

• Yes - I am female

• No - I am female

• Total voters

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Thought of this general poll because a friend of mine had his first migraine yesterday whereas I've been getting them since I was 14.

According to the NHS only 1 in 12 men get them, and 1 in 4 women. I am supprised at the male statistic, but maybe because I've been getting them so long that I just assumed they're common. So what about the cross-section of society that makes up CF, do you get migraines?

RCF

Strata Poster
Not really. I have very occasionally, like about a month ago I had migraines about once every week but they have since disappeared.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ they'll be back! They never really go. They come like buses. Not one for months and months then 3... You are a yes vote, as they never actually go.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I had them a lot when I was younger. I was really unlucky and they have no warning symptoms for me, just straight into one with no warning. I have not had one for four years. *touch wood* It still doesn't mean that you worry when you get a headache.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, but pretty rarely. I have an idea on some triggers - so avoid them if I can. I have very focussed - immediate migraines (caused by eggs, jelly babies and milk shakes) and long term, harsh nasty ones caused by... erm... I don't know :lol:

The long harsh ones I only get ever twelve to eighteen months though.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Oh yeah, I get all day migraines very often because of the off-balancing effect my tinnitus has on me.

Usually I feel sick with it too and no matter how many times I complain about my ears and migraines, the NHS does nothing to help me.

I mean, I've been diagnosed with it but nobodies doing anything more to help me... It's so frustrating!

kimahri

CF Legend
I get them. Not too often, but they are bad when I do get them. I also get this thingy in my eye which after a bit of looking I managed to find out what they're called

Scintilating Scotoma's

Can't see **** when I get those. Makes me scared about driving.

Smithy

Strata Poster
My mum gets terrible ones occasionally. I had a few when I was younger which caused me to throw up. Funnily enough, since drinking far too much alcohol a few years back I developed a phobia of being sick and I've not been sick since. I've also only had a single migraine which I put down to dehydration, but it scared the **** out of me because I was driving home and all of a sudden my left eye went all blurry. Hour or so later my head was on fire. Slept for two hours and it was fine.

Dave

CF Legend
I get migraines, they aren't severe as some peoples can. I get very dizzy, go cold start shivering, eyesight goes fuzzy in the middle, start getting sick sometimes I vomit, made sometimes worse by seeing any food.
Then I go home get drugged up on powerful painkillers and sleep in a darkened room for hours, worst one went on for 3 days and pretty much knocked me out.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I used to suffer from them but after cutting out caffeine and stopping over-indulging on dairy products, drinking at least 2ltrs of water a day, I no longer suffer from them.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Yes, I do get them. I never had one until sometime last year, since then I've had about four more on-and-off. They're the worst as you can't do anything with them and it's hard to swallow anything because you throw it up 5 minutes later.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, occasionally. I seem to get them most during the rugby season (surprise surprise) or if I get too hot. I can deal with cold, but I hate getting too hot. This can provoke migraines.

Most of the time I can feel them coming, so I get drugged up and go to bed and can often avoid them. However if they do get bad, then they seem to get very bad. I get dizzy, blurred vision, can't concentrate on anything, feel very faint. Usually I just take vast quantities of pills and then sleep for hours. Most of the time it's gone in the morning.

They are horrible!

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
I get them maybe once or twice in a year and when i do i try just to carry on as normal although in reality i really desperatley want to be left alone to sleep, and eventually do so.