What's new

Megafobia Retracked.

Lofty

CF Legend
The foundations of the park are great - good setting, layout is good, lots of space for expansion. Sadly, it's just been left to depreciate.

It would be great if the park was either purchased by another provider, or given a real new lease of life and brought into the modern ages.It really does have the potential to be a brilliant park, it just needs love and care and significant investment.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I've long wondered what could happen if we reduced the tax burden on the industry, it's clear these parks help drive tourism and bring money into the area, maybe it's time to let them keep some extra cash, clean up and invest? Oakwood would be a very attractive visit if it could add another large coaster.

I'm generally against tax-cuts for big business, but there's definitely an argument to be made here that the parks will generate more revenue if they can afford to attract more visitors, which in turn leads to overnight stays, restaurant visits and a general boost to the local hospitality industry, especially in areas like that which surrounds Oakwood. It's one of those 'cut taxes to raise more tax revenue' gambles.

bladeboy

Roller Poster
I would say Looping Group would do a good job - they seem to be good at refurbishing parks. But then not all parks seem to get good new investments - Pleasurewood Hills has lost a few rides and not had anything new in a while.

Oakwood did get a Disk’o a few years ago but it needs something new on a more regular basis. Also presentation is lacking on that ride.

JMW

Roller Poster
I would say Looping Group would do a good job - they seem to be good at refurbishing parks. But then not all parks seem to get good new investments - Pleasurewood Hills has lost a few rides and not had anything new in a while.

Oakwood did get a Disk’o a few years ago but it needs something new on a more regular basis. Also presentation is lacking on that ride.
A Disk'o manufactured by 'DINIS Amusement Equipment' 😐

bladeboy

Roller Poster
Mixed news from Oakwood. They’ve just announced a season of events - it looks pretty good to be fair and I’m sure will help sell some season passes.

However, on further inspection of the website it appears that for the pirate Easter event only a fraction of the park’s rides will be open with none of the thrill rides open.

It states that Megafobia won’t be opening until May, which is fair given the extensive works. But there’s no good reason for the Spooky 3D not to be ready and the fact they’re not opening any of their other headline rides (with no real mention on the website unless you look at the park map) does not bode well.

Matt N

CF Legend
Is that them adding a double up to Megafobia, by any chance?

That should definitely increase the airtime on the ride!

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Great work from the team at Oakwood:

Bounce up and running.
Retheme of spooky 3D (Would prefer Voodo Mansion Back)
Pirate Ship rework.
Megafobia retrack.

I would wish they would sort these four things out.

Oakwood signage in front of the lake needs removing
Bring back the drinks Island.
The food options.
Speed area (especially the extremely wide queue).

If they looked at Silver Dollar City for inspiration this park would grow attendance massively.

EDIT- And plant more trees around speed and the entrance.

supersion

Mega Poster
There were a couple more photographs posted on their Facebook page, and it seems that there's potentially a small double down on the hill before the first turnaround which could be quite fun! Definitely great to see work going into Megafobia!

Photo Credit : https://www.facebook.com/europeancoasterclub

336915266_6081997701879870_7961789967606361279_n.jpg
337105856_1463836487755062_7922674945531096117_n.jpg

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
I just hope ride operations improve.

We visited last August and the operations were dreadful. Mega running on 1 train with 1 ride op loading and dispatching trains 🙈

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
I didn't even know they were retracking Megafobia. It was enjoyable when I went a few years back but very very rough. I might have to go back now, especially as I was spited on most of the rides there anyway. Even though Oakwood is kind of not great and not the easiest place to get to. Definitely needs a lot of TLC.

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
Some videos of Megaphobia testing have just been released

Niles

Giga Poster
It looks like its still closed 😬 At least that's what the website says. If you follow this Link Gravity Group are all done and have left, testing the coaster was the latest update, so I have no idea why its still not open ( but to be fair its Oakwood )
1686242082070.png

Also the pirate ship and Drenched are also closed with that latter saying "summer" opening. Also not sure what's happened to Spooky 3D refresh.

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
It looks like its still closed 😬 At least that's what the website says. If you follow this Link Gravity Group are all done and have left, testing the coaster was the latest update, so I have no idea why its still not open ( but to be fair its Oakwood )
View attachment 25170

Also the pirate ship and Drenched are also closed with that latter saying "summer" opening. Also not sure what's happened to Spooky 3D refresh.
I visited today,

Megafobia is still closed as we're all aware from their socials. I was told it has to complete X amount of cycles (which it probably has done by now?) and it has to be signed off (by ADIPS?). I was told it was imminent.

Pirate ship closed and having a new control system. Apparently it's close to being opened.

Drenched is having a new restraint system and the boat has gone out on a lorry somewhere. Back for the summer.

Spooky 3D is currently closed undergoing some sort of renovation. All the fascias/house trim that made it looked like a haunted house ride have been removed and now it's just a flat plain wooden wall out front.

Speed is currently in the process of being repainted, quite a few of the supports have been painted black but no new paint on the track yet.

Construction boards surround the former crazy golf for future development.

Bounce should have been opened but it was closed. There was a crane there and it needed a part fitted.

Treetops was open. Rode it, no changes or anything to comment on after last year's accident. Can't find anything online about the outcome from HSE.

The park was dead, maybe about 10-15 cars in the car park. The rides that were open were of course walk on. Great if you want to whore speed or snake river falls on a Monday 😂.

Seems like there's a lot of investment going on and hopefully they can get everything open soon to have a good rest of the summer season.