What's new

MARCH 15th- UPDATE!

Okay, here's a new coaster I whipped up the other day and put some final touches on today. I'm calling it Outlaw for now, unless I think of something better. Before you say anything about the black, white and red Nascar cafe being like, halfway demolished, it's because I have to rebuild the back of it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

SCR1-4.jpg

SCR5-8.jpg

( I hate the station, so improvement comments would be helpful )

SCR6-7.jpg

SCR7-7.jpg

SCR8-7.jpg

nealbie

CF Legend
I like it :)

Rename the coaster "The Kid" (ie- Billy)

Then you just need to add some more cowboyish type stuffs to the station building and it will look great :p

^ The Kid is a good name, I'll definitely keep that in mind (although Kid = goat or something, but oh well). As for cowboyish stuff to the station, what scenery pieces can I add to make it more western? I don't wanna get too repetitive with my buildings..

nealbie

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ The Kid is a good name, I'll definitely keep that in mind (although Kid = goat or something, but oh well). As for cowboyish stuff to the station, what scenery pieces can I add to make it more western? I don't wanna get too repetitive with my buildings..

You just need something that will set the station apart from all the other buildings, as if it were saying "hey there's a roller coaster here!" :lol:

That's all I meant really :wink:

Deano

Mega Poster
I think it does look really good. The lake under the helix part of the ride and the queueline is greatly done. TBH i don't think there's anything wrong with the station. :?

The layout of that Woodie is reeaally good too. ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
OK, UC. Constructive critisism here goes:

- The wooden supports go directly into the lake. A perfect recipe for rot in the supports and algae troubles in the water.

- The stairs at bottom right (first and third pic) appears to be viewing stands or leftovers from a demolished building. If it's the former, get some fences on them. If it's the latter, well... then no problem.

- There appears to a quite long strcethc of track over the cattlepens where the supports don't touch the ground at all. Either make the fences go all the way up to the rest of the supports, or remove the supports in favour of a structure designed for spreading the forces over to the other supports. The way it is now, you've got a lot of heavy wood supporting nothing, only dragging the track down.

That's my two pennies, at least.

kimahri

CF Legend
Pokemaniac said:
OK, UC. Constructive critisism here goes:

- The wooden supports go directly into the lake. A perfect recipe for rot in the supports and algae troubles in the water.

- The stairs at bottom right (first and third pic) appears to be viewing stands or leftovers from a demolished building. If it's the former, get some fences on them. If it's the latter, well... then no problem.

- There appears to a quite long strcethc of track over the cattlepens where the supports don't touch the ground at all. Either make the fences go all the way up to the rest of the supports, or remove the supports in favour of a structure designed for spreading the forces over to the other supports. The way it is now, you've got a lot of heavy wood supporting nothing, only dragging the track down.

That's my two pennies, at least.

+ one and here are my complaints.

Your track touches the ground. A nono there. Needs to be 2 units above (10f).

The ending is well. Pap. Just have the helix and a corner straight into the breaks instead of that pointless turn around and long pointless straight track.

I really don't like the Big corners to little ones either. Makes them look Bizzare.

However I do say that you have improved a lot when i first saw you on RCT2.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ 1 height, 5ft.
On the ground under very few, specific circumstances, none of which come into play here.

The layout isn't too bad. You have some good things in there, although I think you could still have some refinement. You have sort of a half of a station fly-thru right there... when going over the station, why not make it go through instead? The large turn to small turn thing was brought up... that's generally not a good thing unless it's like a large flat turn into an up or down tighter turn. There's just little things that'll help make your project better. It's pretty good right now, though.

kimahri

CF Legend
CedarPoint6 said:
^ 1 height, 5ft.
On the ground under very few, specific circumstances, none of which come into play here.

I remember being told 2 heights. Ah well learn sommat new etc.

Thanks a lot for the constructive criticism guys! I really appreciate it, and when I build coasters I usually have to redo them two or three times until I'm totally satisfies anyways, so I'm gonna redo the second half as I quite like the first.

Also, I am going to fix it so that no track touches the ground (I tried doing that with landscaping but I must've missed a few spots).

Lastly, I'm gonna redo the station and try to make that thing a station flyby which is what I wanted to do in the first place, but I couldn't pull it off well (I don't use zero clearancing or anything).

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Tips for station flybys:
- 1 tile to the side of the station track
- 3 clearances above the station track
- Opposite the entrance side

That makes for the best, and easiest.

I've been working on my park a lot, believe it or not, but I really don't have much to show for it. I've just made general improvements before going on and building more stuff. These include a station fly by (which isn't the greatest, but it's good enough and I'm not fixing it considering the time it took me to build the station), a front for the hotel, a new, small motel, and some other random things. I also fixed the end portion of the coaster but I didn't get a screenie of it yet.

Front of the hotel:

SCR9-5.jpg

Small show section beside the pool in the back of the hotel:

SCR4-8.jpg

New station for the coaster:

SCR3-10.jpg

Small "Budget Inn":

SCR1-5.jpg

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Looken good LFTL.

But do me a favor, and change that bridge structure. It just looks horrible.
The buildings in front of your roller coaster, are some of your best. I really like it.

The budget in is alright, could be fancied up a bit, but still is pretty fine.

Keep up the great work!

^ Thank you! I was actually pleased with how those buildings turned out as well, although I think my main hotel is my best building to date. I always have problems making smaller buildings though, so when I made those really quick as more of a space-filler, I was glad when they looked decent.

As for the Budget Inn, I know it's not amazing looking, but that's the thing; this may sound like an excuse, but it's not suppose to be extravagent. It's moreso an average motel you'd find like, anywhere. I might think of adding in more rooms though, because five rooms doesn't really cut it.

Since I've done the whole area outside the park, with the mall and resaurants, and rest areas, I was actually thinking about doing a residential area, with houses and whatnot. Thoughts?

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
As for the Budget Inn, I know it's not amazing looking, but that's the thing; this may sound like an excuse, but it's not suppose to be extravagent. It's moreso an average motel you'd find like, anywhere. I might think of adding in more rooms though, because five rooms doesn't really cut it.
I guess that's pretty true...
If you were to add more rooms, I would suggest making the the rooms a bit smaller. They seem larger than you other hotels. That way you could fit more rooms in. After all it is a budget inn. :p

Since I've done the whole area outside the park, with the mall and resaurants, and rest areas, I was actually thinking about doing a residential area, with houses and whatnot. Thoughts?
Hum, I don't know. Are you planing to encircle the whole park with buildings and whatnot?

I guess that's pretty true...
If you were to add more rooms, I would suggest making the the rooms a bit smaller. They seem larger than you other hotels. That way you could fit more rooms in. After all it is a budget inn.

That's true, though I do remember someone kept saying my rooms were too small in my other hotels, which is why I made these ones bigger, but yeah I guess I should condense 'em a bit :p .

Hum, I don't know. Are you planing to encircle the whole park with buildings and whatnot?

Yeah, like, I have the mall, other hotels, the waterpark, etc, so it's kinda like a piece of a city and then a park is there as well.