What's new

MARCH 15th- UPDATE!

I know it probably seems like I haven't been working on this, but believe me, I have. I just haven't been satisfied with most things I have built, so I redid a lot. I finally came up with the back of my hotel which I was somewhat satisfied with. Instead of making a pool, I made a lake which has a swimming area in it:

SCR5-7.jpg

The road goes over the lake, and there is a parking lot beside the road which has a bridge that leads over to the hotel.

SCR6-6.jpg

Another shot of the lake and such:

SCR4-1.jpg

Overview of the hotel area so far:

SCR7-5.jpg

To be honest I don't know where to go from here. I don't know what to put in front of the hotel either. I made some picnic areas outside of the waterpark but there is still a crapload of space that I don't know what to do with! Any ideas would be fantastic!

Deano

Mega Poster
It looks very good. I like the idea of the half lake/half swimming pool. It works quite well. As long and fish and stuff doesn't float into the pool area :p

The hotel looks good as always too.

Thanks dude, I'm glad at least someone decided to comment on this! I still need advice as to what to put in the area in front of the hotel. I have picnic areas for the amusement park and waterpark, but other than that I don't know what to put in the gap!

Thanks again for the comment =)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I'd put some guard rails along the roadway at least.. since you've got a drop into the water on both sides. The green bridge is interesting, but I'm not sure what the whole green structure is. If it's supposed to be a structural bridge truss, I'd try angling it inward on both sides. Your foliage and land types are still hugely random, and I think you could benefit from cleaning that up a little bit. Besides that, looking pretty nice-- the hotel is improving.

Deano

Mega Poster
If your COMPLETELY stumped for ideas you could make it into a forest so there are loads of trees and the air is really clean :D

If thats too boring there could be a little fenced of area like a childrens part of the park. With little merry-go-rounds and stuff. Like Beanoland at Chessington. Or on a smaller scale, Octopus gardens at Thorpe...

Just an 'ittle idea.

Yeah, Brian I know what you mean about the landscaping being random, but honestly, I kinda like the way it looks right now. I tried to do what you said at first but it just wasn't working around the pond, so I went back to that.

Deano, thanks for the ideas! A children's area though, I dunno how well that would work because the area I'm talking about isn't really in either park.

But yep, soon I'm gonna be starting the actual amusement park :D

Comet

Roller Poster
I think the doors on the hotel would be better off as glass even if it takes awhile to make the change.

Also, do everything that CP6 said and for the landscaping if your gonna do what you have at least make it flow instead of having it in random squares everywhere.

And I'm not really too sure where your talking about for the area you need to fill up so I don't have any ideas.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Tay, for that Area you could just do as Deano says and have it just trees. I mean you wouldn't have every single square part of the resort would you.

I mean, you could even make it into like a obstacle course through a forest maybe?

It would be like a Hotel attraction for when the park is not open or whatever.

Alright so I have been dilly dallying for a little bit, but I did come up with some things, like a park entrance and such. And here it is:

SCR7-6.jpg

SCR8-6.jpg

SCR9-3.jpg

Changes are going to be made; I think I might get rid of the Americana/Patriotic entrance thing, and I am also going to custom support the monorail. Obviously I will add more buildings, too.

Any ideas or comments, feel freeee!

^ It has actually been a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been playing. As some people might know, I have been having problems with my game and had to redo half of the hotel as well as the back of the hotel because I lost a file. So, finally I finished that and I went on to building new stuff.

Thanks though, Ollie! I was pleased with the monorail station.

Thanks Louis! I like to think I have gotten better, and I know I have, especially looking back at some of my older parks. I just want to keep practising so I can be as good as some people on this site!

I'm just trying to work on my realism, so hopefully it's working!

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
This isn't your work - this can't be your work.....

**** ing hell LFTL you've **** ing improved havn't you?!

Coaster_Monkey

^ It's nice to hear nice words coming from someone that is amazing at Roller Coaster Tycoon :lol:

Thanks though!

I will have more screens of the new entrance and some new buildings either later today or tomorrow.

Goliath, I haven't done the rides yet; if you'll notice, in my previous screens I made a mall, some hotels, some stores, and a waterpark, and right now I am just starting on the actual amusement park. No point in rushing it; I'm just taking it as it comes, and the rides should be coming soon. But, everyone knows not to put rides right near the entrance of the park, so I haven't.

Anyway, here are a few more screens:

I didn't like all of the red, white, and blue at the entrance, so I changed the ticket booths up a bit and I kinda like the way they look:

SCR9-5.jpg

Some new buildings:

SCR8-6.jpg

An arcade:

SCR4-2.jpg