What's new

Maple Farms--A Patriot Amusements Theme Park

What kind of multi-looper should be in Maple Farms?

• B&M

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Arrow

• Intamin (yes, there's a CT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boomerang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eurofighter

• Other (reply in thread)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

gopats1479

Mega Poster
So, while I wait for you guys to vote in the Orchard Farms poll, I have decided to make its sister park: Maple Farms! It will be in a similar setting, but with an entirely different approach. It will be done in Sandbox mode as well (more on that later). Here's the approach/backstory:
Maple Farms is a planned theme park located in central Illinois. The park is run by Patriot Amusements, Inc., the creators of Orchard Farms, another small park in the Pacific Northwest. When asked about the planned park, the CEO of Patriot (gopats1479) replied with this statement:
"Yes, it is in the works. It is to be Central Illinois' premier destination for family fun all summer long. The details have not been finalized, but it looks to open within the next year with some smaller rides, with the major coasters and attractions not to arrive for a couple years down the road. The park will also use the unused portions of the park as farmland to provide some extra money for improvements and new rides."
Stay tuned for more news updates and a preliminary layout to come in the next few days!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS sorry I didn't post any pics. I just decided to start this park and haven't even begun the placing of the rides and whatnot. I will post some as soon as I can.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Update #1
---------------------------------------------------
I had a chance to visit the park lately and meet with the directors of the park and discuss future plans. Here's some pics of the park:
7686242166_e266675482_c.jpg

An overview of the park.

7686284412_f7695ed1a7_c.jpg

View of the park's first roller coaster: Maple Express!

7686268118_98740794e8_c.jpg

Here's the midway of the park with some food options and restrooms.

7686257604_040373c045_c.jpg

Our bumper cars.

7686252338_6cf66cce4c_c.jpg

Our Ferris wheel and the midway from above.

7686247128_8cd0fc5f74_c.jpg

Our most popular attraction: Driving School!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, as you can see, the park is not really geared towards thrillseekers: yet. We had a goal to produce quality family entertainment, and we believed that we have begun to fulfill it. However, every family has their thrill seekers too, so most of our expansion in the near-future will cater to the more adventurous.
Some expansions include a Vekoma Madhouse ride and another major attraction, as well as some other smaller carnival rides. Please tell me what you think of the park so far. Don't spare the rod either--I want your honest opinion!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Hey all! Got a question for you: would you rather see a Giant Inverted Boomerang or a SLC in Maple Farms?

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Thanks for your input. I think I do agree about putting in the GIB, but I don't think it would be rougher than any other SLC. I'm doing it more for the space issues.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
For the same reasons as Orchard Farms, Maple Farms Amusement Park will be closed. I got rid of a lot of the CS I was using for this park and I have gotten new replacement sets for them, so the park is beyond saving. Sorry!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Re: CLOSED: Maple Farms--A Patriot Amusements Theme Park

Maple Farms will be reopened soon (next couple of weeks) for the same reasons as the other parks. The park will be refurbished greatly, as the fencing and paths will get some major work. Also, Maple Express will be demolished, as a new coaster will replace it. Our refocusing of priorities makes our thrillseekers even more important,and this will be visible in the new additions to come soon. Here are some changes that will be made to the park:
1) aforementioned path and fencing work
2) a new coaster soon to come (I will run a poll for it soon)
3) the GIB
Also the future of Driving School remains unknown, as the ride has low capacity and is more of a family ride. The first new poll will be for that major decision. Please provide your input as to what other improvements should be made.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Thanks for the feedback, I was leaning towards that anyway. What do you guys think about Maple Express? Should it stay, go, or be refurbed?

reddude333

Giga Poster
You should retrack it into a hybrid coaster!!! Just kidding, you should really demolish it and put in a more substantial out-n-back woodie.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Thanks for all the help, guys. Maple Express will soon be refurbished into a new, more substantial out-and-back woodie.

Also, we are considering adding a new steel multi-looper. Stay tuned for more info and further details.

On another note completely (and not related to the multi-looper), does anyone have any good Eurofighter supports?

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Poll is up for the multi-looper!

BTW, sorry for not having any pics in this thread for a while. I have been trying to figure out which CS/CTRs I still needed to not make the game crash.

Also, there is a new version of Driving School out, so our attraction will be closed temporarily to get the updated attraction. The update includes new car types, of which we will be using the California/Florida type. Thanks!

BBH

Giga Poster
gopats1479 said:
It will not be a Dive, Invert, Wing, or Flyer. Probably one of BBH's suggestions.
I'd go with Sit-Down tbh because Parallax's Sit-Down coaster CTR is one of the best CTR's I've ever used.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I have three or four sit-down CTRs that I really like. I already have a layout ready to go; however, it may be postponed because I could finally make my hybrid because of Krypt's new NTG CTR.