What's new

Mandoria | Merkant | Gerstlauer Bob Coaster | 2021

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Small Polish theme Mandoria are adding a family coaster this season - Apparently a Gerstlauer bob according to RCDB - only the 2nd installation of this ride type. At first glance thought it might have been an ABC rides tube coaster.

Park looks very well themed too - one to watch!

mandoria_full_hd_top_head_anime_1920x1080_30fps_sama_mama.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Next to the common use of the Imperial system, one thing I will never understand in this business is why Gerstlauer chooses to call their rides "Bobsleds" when they have nothing to do with bobsleds. Those are cars locked to the rails, not sleds running freely down a track. Same goes for the mentioned ABC Tube Coasters, come to think of it. Apart from the tubular steel track, which is used by default on most steel coasters in the world, there's nothing tube-like about them.

Rupert

Mega Poster
In a very similar sense, why on earth did Gerstlauer name this new model the ‘Bob Coaster’ when they already have the Bobsled model. It’s also very similar to their Junior Coasters and not far off the Family Coasters.

Before hitting ‘post reply’ I had a closer look and I see the Bob coaster has 3-in-a-row in-line seating, kind of like a bobsled. Whereas the Bobsled Coaster of course has 2-across seating, unlike an actual bobsled. 🤷‍♂️

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
one thing I will never understand in this business is why Gerstlauer chooses to call their rides "Bobsleds" when they have nothing to do with bobsleds
I was always under the impression that it was based on the original installation being themed to sleds/sledges/sleighs both in queueline museum and car design. Who knows why the bob is in there though, as we tend to then think of the Olympics instead because there's several other coasters out there with that specific concept.

Niles

Giga Poster
The coaster is open, here is a POV and the pictures below of the park are from a news article linked below:
xmandoria-19-1625726463.jpg.pagespeed.ic.MkvKmMufZO.webp

xmandoria-20-1625726463.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1xKaW9kAoN.webp

xmandoria-21-1625726463.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iLjE9lBs6g.webp

xmandoria-29-1625726464.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Tff1eUXotf.webp

xmandoria-31-1625726465.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vWbe5w3wVi.webp

xmandoria-33-1625726465.jpg.pagespeed.ic.89wB9KE20x.webp

xmandoria-36-1625726465.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0QpeMnjvs8.webp

xmandoria-4-1625726460.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jBvwVhygr5.webp

xmandoria-12-1625726462.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vSwm32W8F9.webp

xmandoria-46-1625726467.jpg.pagespeed.ic.98UZTlGrhv.webp

They have also apparently opened an SBF spinner, but this is the only picture I could find on it.
mroczny-dwor-768x768.jpg

Sources:

Rupert

Mega Poster
Nice onside/offride video of the ride - which looks quite fun for what it is!

The uninterrupted POV starts from 3:10. Whilst I massively appreciate everyone that films rides for us, can we collectively agree that it’s not ideal to cut away from POV footage to put in off-ride footage from 3 different angles before cutting back to the POV for 3 seconds before another off-ride shot - it’s much harder to get a good feel for the ride!

I know I’m just being grumpy - it’s great to have the videos and indeed the one above does have a full uninterrupted POV ride through, but there are some ridiculously cut videos around! Thanks to all those that film and share though! 😀

On topic, it does look like a nice family coaster with good scenery interaction - most is just basic wall cutouts but they work well.

The coaster is open, here is a POV and the pictures below of the park are from a news article linked below:
xmandoria-19-1625726463.jpg.pagespeed.ic.MkvKmMufZO.webp

xmandoria-20-1625726463.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1xKaW9kAoN.webp

xmandoria-21-1625726463.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iLjE9lBs6g.webp

xmandoria-29-1625726464.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Tff1eUXotf.webp

xmandoria-31-1625726465.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vWbe5w3wVi.webp

xmandoria-33-1625726465.jpg.pagespeed.ic.89wB9KE20x.webp

xmandoria-36-1625726465.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0QpeMnjvs8.webp

xmandoria-4-1625726460.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jBvwVhygr5.webp

xmandoria-12-1625726462.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vSwm32W8F9.webp

xmandoria-46-1625726467.jpg.pagespeed.ic.98UZTlGrhv.webp

They have also apparently opened an SBF spinner, but this is the only picture I could find on it.
mroczny-dwor-768x768.jpg

Sources:
Not gonna lie the poster gave me Mack Extreme Spinner vibes ahaha

UP87

Mega Poster
The uninterrupted POV starts from 3:10. Whilst I massively appreciate everyone that films rides for us, can we collectively agree that it’s not ideal to cut away from POV footage to put in off-ride footage from 3 different angles before cutting back to the POV for 3 seconds before another off-ride shot - it’s much harder to get a good feel for the ride!
THIS! The video was the most annoying coaster video I ever watched. Constantly interrupted any flow and showed the same element for about 30 seconds each from 3 different perspectives. If you do an onride video: DO AN UNINTERRUPTED POV. If you do an offride video: DON'T REPEAT THE SAME ELEMENT OVER AND OVER. You can do that for a single impressive element. Show the first vertical drop three times from different perspectives or a splashdown... but not every banked turn! And hey... If you're good at editing... There are ways to mix POV and offride footage. But absolutely not like this!