What's new

Man falls out of seat on Black Pearl at Lightwater Valley

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Man falls out of seat on Black Pearl at Lightwater Valle

Rather surprised this hasn't made more media traction in the 10 or so days since it happened. What the **** his learning difficulties have to do with the story is beyond me. Safe try restraint failure is very worrying.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I bet it was terrifying, I personally don't ride them anymore but I know how it feels to nearly fall out of one. Glad it didn't end with worse injuries.

The cup of tea line made me think of Furie's goon video from a couple of years back.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Some of the incidents that are happening at the minute are just frightening really, things that you just never expect to happen. Inverted coaster train completely derails and a restraint failed on an inverted ship ride!

Restraint failure on an MS Xcar will be next....

S

SimonSays99

Really bad - glad no one was injured.

The ride is likely 35-40 years old so mechanical failures are more likely to happen than on a new ride. You cannot really compare a Weber Traumboot / HUSS Ranger to a Maurer X-Car - the former lowers the lapbars with an air-pressure system like on a HUSS Pirate before the lapbars are mechanically locked, the latter uses two independent circuit hydraulic cylinders to secure the lapbar. I wonder what this will mean for any remaining rides of the same or similar type and age.