What's new

Making silly poses for the on-ride pic?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
You might not actually buy the picture, but since the camera flashes you anyways, do you try to take a particular gesture or position for the on-ride photo?

It is kind of silly to do that, I know, but I find it pretty fun, especially with friends when you can do some coordination! One very hard thing to do is making eye-contact with the camera. Once, someone riding behind me on Goliath (WH) managed that particular feat :eek: I feel there's so much potential for creativity and imagination there, though I usually just raise my hands and smile in excitement. I sometimes do a thumbs up and even did the arrogant Usain Bolt arm signature, but not much else. Maybe you have some great ideas in mind!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
CF once had an entire sub-forum for silly on-ride pics. Perhaps @Ian or @furie could drag up that old chessboard pic?
Which one? :p
2941739690_60599cf7b5.jpg

2941739804_d474e8994e.jpg

2941739560_339b7bae4c.jpg

2940886431_6b2beb2331.jpg

That's all I could find, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some that are more 'iconic'.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I believe the page you've linked is only accessible to mods. Or at least I get the message that I don't have permission to see the page when I try to click on it...
Ah yes, that might be the case. I think the permissions all got changed around in the site move. One that's above my technical ability, I'm afraid. Calling @furie!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd be up for that! I'll get my thinking cap on.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Honourable mention to the guy I once saw some guy with his middle fingers stuck up to the camera on TH13TEEN, Got to remember it's supposed to be a family coaster...

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Me and my dad always had the plan to get a magnetic chess board and on the final drop on Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown at KI, we'd pretend to play chess for the photo.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
I like the classic "Thinker" pose, or a look of extreme boredom on something like Maverick.

Then there's me tying my hair up on Boulder Dash last year.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Idk if this thread is still active or not, but here's a Mystic Timbers photo I got today with my sister and a friend having a nice "animated" chat while my friend has a Coke.
87bae5b8bfbdc8b4101561e4d05c54fd.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
Not mine but this one is legendary

25152144_10155323499918737_104286361624713075_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-13_22-8-23.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-13_22-8-23.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 16