What's new

Major Rides At Your Local Park You Always Skip?

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
(I can already see the torches and pitchforks raising because of this...)

Shambhala

I tried it once in the opening year and haven't been on it again. It scares the **** out of me for some weird reason. Now that I'm an enthusiast and know what airtime is, I might ride it again on monday after taking one (or two) xanax.. We'll see how it goes.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I always skip Superman at Sfgam. The ride's line is always extra long and seems to never move. Furthermore I find the ride to be pretty lackluster aside from the pretzel loop.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Works for my (kinda) local park but also any future park I'd visit: Any skyrocket 2. I'd much rather spend my time feeling out the park or doing some fun family coaster over those forceless things with the worst rollercoaster trains anybody's come up with (and note, I haven't yet experienced 'comfort' collars even)

If we go strictly to my local park and it counts then the S&S space shot at Linnanmäki. I love S&S towers' launches but the ending where it bobs up and down unnaturally smoothly gets me nauseous like nobody's business (in the same vein as those fast elevators tall buildings have that smoothly slow down at the top and bottom)

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
With Six Flags Great Adventure as one of my home parks, I have plenty to skip. Green Lantern is always a skip, Superman is a skip if the line is longer than 30 min, Batman is a skip if I don't want a headache. Idk if you'd consider Joker, Dark Knight, or Skull Mountain as major rides but those are also usually skips.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Or rather, Cedar Point's skippables, told in long form:

Wildcat
Disaster Transport
Mantis
Mean Streak
Wicked Twister
Oh dear, this post did not age well, considering all have been removed or modified. 🥲

rob666

Hyper Poster
Blackpool pleasure beach.

I could easily skip any of those coasters depending on the day. Rarely ride infusion if ever. Also skip steeplechase, big dipper, nick streak and even big one sometimes unless they’re all walk on that is.

I’d go as far to say icon and revolution are the only two I ride without fail. After that I’ll either hammer the dark rides or go home early. Poor coasters in my opinion.
Funny isn't it...I often skip Revolution because the backward loop always makes me want to puke.
Infusion is only a couple of times a year, but waiting for the front row makes a big difference.
Often skip the Big One because it is regularly the only ride with an hours queue, but I love the Streak and Dipper.
I like ripping leaves from the trees on the steeplechase, and whipping mates on the other horses with small branches...like a grown up.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
With Six Flags Great Adventure as one of my home parks, I have plenty to skip. Green Lantern is always a skip, Superman is a skip if the line is longer than 30 min, Batman is a skip if I don't want a headache. Idk if you'd consider Joker, Dark Knight, or Skull Mountain as major rides but those are also usually skips.
Pretty much this except I always ride Batman. If Joker's line is pretty short I'll always ride it. If the line is backed up to the switchbacks then I'll skip.

Thorpe Park

I'll generally skip Rush because I just find it to be a bit boring, would much rather have a ride on Samurai or Vortex. Tidal Wave is also always left out because I prefer riding coasters in dry clothes (although I'll probably end up being coaxed into riding it eventually).

I'd never skip any of the big coasters, in my opinion they all range from glossy smooth to tolerable in terms of smoothness. TWD: The Ride depends on the queue, less than 15-20 minutes and I'll give it a ride but any more than that and I'd rather a ride on one of the good flats.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Icon at BPB, its a poor addition, dull and is not missed by any of us.

Infusion, same park, basically because two out of the three of us find it uncomfortable, and whilst I don't have as much of a problem with it, it doesn't rate anywhere near as high as the other rides the park has.

At Towers its anything in Dark Forest, the 2 coasters are hated by my other half and the temporary flat ride is neither here no there to any of us.

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
(I can already see the torches and pitchforks raising because of this...)

Shambhala

I tried it once in the opening year and haven't been on it again. It scares the **** out of me for some weird reason. Now that I'm an enthusiast and know what airtime is, I might ride it again on monday after taking one (or two) xanax.. We'll see how it goes.

Update on this since yesterday I finally went back to PortAventura Park:

Took my anti-anxiety pills as we entered the park, spent some time pondering if I wanted to ride it or not, managed to get the courage and rode it one time... and I actually found out I love it.

I ended up marathoning it for the rest of the day to make for the 10 years I have been skipping it.

Now instead of Shambhala, I'll just skip the Hurakan Condor as I have no interest in drop towers.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
One of my two home parks is Heide-Park - so I always skip Limit, a Vekoma SLC. When I overhear kids saying that "Limit is the best coaster in this park" I wanna grab them an hit them Bud Spencer style until they reconsider ;)