What's new

Major Changes for Disney's California Adventure

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I want to go, as it's 15 minutes away, but they just jacked the price of admission up again, with a 1 day park hopper being $125! $125! That is **** madness! The So Cal resident annual pass is up to $330 now, what a **** joke.

I just need to find a friend who works there again.

Mark

Strata Poster
It certainly does look rather impressive. As much as I hate the way whole lands are being dedicated to a particular franchise, the whole thing just looks brilliant. Soooo want to go back now.

Nic

Strata Poster
OMFG! How much can I not wait to ride that! That looks completely and utterly made of awesome.

Mark

Strata Poster
Then you should totally watch this Nic...

Through Ramones Paint Shop
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zve0m5Awmjc[/youtube]

or this

Through Luigis Tire Shop
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucx2wVM2cWY[/youtube]

Ethan

Strata Poster
I NEED TO RIDE THIS!

It looks truely fantastic, the cars look so realistic and their movements flow incredibly! I really felt like part of the movie just watching those clips Mark posted. But I suppose you can't expect less than Disney :)

Mark

Strata Poster
^Indeed. I can't tell you how much I wish I was going out there to do a CF documentary right now. I know that Leigh is out there at the moment and will be at the park for the opening. If I only I was there too :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Incredible, those animatronics are absolutely stunning. The ride itself is good too. That drop into the cave near the end <3

Nic

Strata Poster
WOW! :shock:

I saw the top one of those vids this morning. I couldn't work out how you ended up next to the other car that you race. I guess that answers the question though! That's going to be annoying if you end up keep going the same side every time you ride it. Plus, I bet it has a killer queue.

Mark

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, I reckon the queues will be HELL initially. But after a year or so it will calm a little. They certainly aren't as bad for Test Track anymore, although that does still get big ish queues. Plus this has duel loading so it should help...

FastPass is a must I reckon...

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Incredible Disney has done it again. That ride is awesome both inside and out. I remember looking at the outside thinking the inside wouldn't be as good or on such a scale but wow they blew me away with the theming. It is alot like Test Track though, is it the same ride system?

Mark

Strata Poster
Yes, it is the same ride system, albeit modified and a few of the original bugs worked on.

Lofty

CF Legend
The actual "Speed Section" of this is FAR better than Test Track. I'm just looking forward to seeing the new updated Test Track's interior to see which is the best overall ride experience, but for now, this certainly seems the winner.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Wow is all I can say. I loved California Adventure already and with this addition it's going to be amazing. I thought Test Track was good and the detail in this is a whole lot better, would love to ride it.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Looks fantastic.

One thing I cant work out though. Why at the end of the ride do they merge the two race tracks together, only to split them up again a few meters later for the dual unload station?