What's new

Magic Land Bosnia & Herzegovina

TilenB

Strata Poster
So, this little project has popped up on the interwebs about one month ago. There are plans for building one the largest amusement park in the Balkan region just outside of the town of Lukavac in Bosnia and Herzegovina. There is not much official info available online apart from the project's Facebook page (and a few articles that mostly cite the said Facebook page as their main source.

With all of this I'd be quick to dismiss the project as something that is very unlikely to happen, if it weren't for this video that they've posted in mid-November

For which I've confirmed (with a little help from @roomraider) is a genuine video from Vekoma that hasn't been posted online before. So that indicates that the park has been in contact with some manufacturers already (though I highly doubt Vekoma gave them a green light for posting the video online). Other rides that they've posted about on the Facebook page are a 123m tall Sky Flyer, a 120m tall Ferris Wheel and a 100m tall drop tower. And there's also a video of Iron Shark (Galvestone), saying that 'this is the coaster that they are getting'.

So yeah, it's all a bit unclear on how 'serious' this project is, but hopefully more details (and some official info) will be known soon.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/magiclandbosnia/

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
"One of the largest amusement park in the Balkan region". From what I've heard, it shouldn't take much to achieve that title. There's a single little powered coaster in Albania, an alpine coaster in Bosnia, a park in Bulgaria has a Zamperla powered Dragon and a fifth-hand Pinfari Zyklon, a park in North Macedonia ostensibly has a coaster of some unknown make and model under construction, and Serbia has two ski resorts with Alpine coasters and a funfair with a Wacky Worm. Only this park in Croatia seems to be a full-fledged amusement park, and its star attraction is a Schwarzkopf from the early 1980s with five previous owners.

That being said, from the looks of things on RCDB, the tiny amusement park scene in the Balkans really starts to pick up speed. Most of the permanent coasters were added in the recent few years, and there might be a growing market there that they're trying to capitalize on. Could be interesting to see how this project goes.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I have this rule of thumb that I never give money to people who don't know the basic rules of capitalization. If they don't have the brains to learn even the basics of proper use of the Shift key (which is mostly the same in all Western languages), they probably aren't the brightest when it comes to finances either.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Interesting (though not surprising!) that the Vekoma video has been removed now.

How serious of a request do you have to make to get something like that? Would a park/company have to pay upfront to receive such a video? I know some manufacturers can give rough estimations if you contact them, but are they willing to just throw together a layout and promo video for nothing?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Interesting (though not surprising!) that the Vekoma video has been removed now.

How serious of a request do you have to make to get something like that? Would a park/company have to pay upfront to receive such a video? I know some manufacturers can give rough estimations if you contact them, but are they willing to just throw together a layout and promo video for nothing?
That wildcat video will just be a premade video of one of Vekoma's available standard models. Its one I know other people have seen before when Vekoma have been considered for other projects.

And yeah as everyone says This project clearly doesnt have funding in place yet and seems like a pie in the sky plan so far.

I've seen so many parks in the Balkans, Central Asia and the Caucasus that start with pages just like this and sooner rather than later vanish. Or announce grand plans that then never happen (Luna Park Skopje for example) There are exceptions (Afsonaland in Uzbekistan being one) where things eventually happen and a park appears but I now always look at these with a hugely skeptical eye. If it wasn't for the Wildcat video I would have dismissed this out of hand but an unseen (on the net anyway) video of a new Vekoma model was quite cool news either way.