What's new

Mack the RMC - NL2 Comp - Results Pg 2

jay37415

Mega Poster
Hey everyone, since Tom is busy for the summer I thought it would be fun to host a Comp for the month of August.

The Comp-

After 6 months of "technical Rehersals" of an RMC launched woodie, a major theme park has decided to scrap the idea and commission a company more experienced in building launched coasters. Using the existing terrain, design and build a Mack Launched Coaster. Borders and terrain are based on a real life coaster so have fun!

The Rules -

-Coaster must be a Mack Launched Coaster
- Maximum Height is 250 feet (76 meters)
- 3 to 5 inversions
- Track and Rails MUST remain inside blue border
-Station must stay inside red border (optional; storage/ maintenance building not required inside red)
- no major editing of terrain except for tunnels

Scoring breakdown-

Realism: 1-5
Creativity/ Use of terrain: 1-5
Smoothness: 1-5
Overall: 1-5
Missed criteria: -3 points
No scoring of other tracks: -2 points

Bonus:
2 points for station and entrance plaza/queue
1 point for any substantial additional theming. Flats, eateries, more trees. just give it a better "feel"

Submissions due September 2. Please leave comment if you plan on making one.
I will be stingy on staying in borders and sticking with the rules. There is no judges scoring for this comp. I will take everyone's average plus bonuses or deductions to determine the winners. Scores will max at 40 plus bonus now.
Please send submissions to north.river.jay(at)gmail.com

Post questions, and good luck!

https://www.mediafire.com/?w7q37ln0ctn5uvy

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Mack the RMC - NL2 Comp

Just a heads up to all - this is now an official CF NL2 competition. Tom is too busy to run a competition at the moment, and I don't have access to NL2. Thankfully Jay has offered to run this one!

This round will be judged as per the other rounds (score 0-5 for smoothness, creativity, realism and overall, with additional bonuses/penalties as the rules state). The final scores from this round will be entered into the 2016 results table, so it's in your interest to enter! Coming last is much better than not entering at all!

As I said above, I can't enter or judge this round, as I don't have NL2 with me (and won't until November :( ), but I'll be eagerly waiting to see what you guys some up with and I'll be sure to download all the tracks once I'm home!

Good luck!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I'd wait for official confirmation from Jay, but in my opinion modification of trees is fine.

jay37415

Mega Poster

I just put the trees in there to show the terrain. Adding/ Removing trees and scenery is part of the 1 point bonus. Please do. Just don't do anything major with the terrain.

jay37415

Mega Poster

welcome to our little corner of CF spencer. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

kspencer999

Roller Poster

Question- Can i flatten the terrain around the station so i can make paths/queue lines? Its bumpy and uneven. I'm not going to change the terrain on the mountains i just wanted to smooth out the area around the station

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Sending mine in now.

Didn't have much time to do it, so it is what it is.

jay37415

Mega Poster

I am working today, will try to get the entries out this evening sometime. If you didnt get one in, theres still time

jay37415

Mega Poster

All right everyone. Sorry for the delay. I have had a very bust past few weeks. I only received three entries, so here are the results.

Third Place - Jay37415, "Iron wolf" - Score 23
Positive - Use of terrain was well done. the sloped launch was nice. pace was fast and maintained well
Negative - supporting was weak, transitions were a little rough in spots

Second Place - tomahawk,"Juke" - Score 24
Positive - solid layout , nice elements / inversions
Negative - weird transport into the first launch, overbanked elements were rough

First Place - kevin, "trailblazer" - score 26
Positive - smooth transitions , bonus point for the plaza work ,
Negative - meandered between elements, should have launched straight off of break

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I mean, I'd love to see what everyone did, but sharing images via Mediafire isn't the best way to do it. Try Imgur or Photobucket. :)

Sounds like everyone did a nice job on this one. I was actually working on something, but gave up mid-way through.

jay37415

Mega Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
I mean, I'd love to see what everyone did, but sharing images via Mediafire isn't the best way to do it. Try Imgur or Photobucket. :)

Sounds like everyone did a nice job on this one. I was actually working on something, but gave up mid-way through.

Changed files to Photobucket... much easier

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Much better. Looks like there were some really good entries this time around! Btw, I love Tom's color scheme. I just love neon-ish blue on black.

And looking at the entries, I know for a fact that my entry would've gotten last as always. :/