What's new

Mack SuperSplash at Plopsaland De Panne

Jake

Strata Poster
So... why does RCDB think it's not a cred anymore? I know it has an elevator lift instead of the normal lift hill and pre drop, but really?

supersplash_b1.jpg

http://rcdb.com/4850.htm

It's just, gone haha.

They've also taken off those Wooden water chute things (Vikingar at BPB and the other one that used to be in Rhyl etc).

Does anyone know why?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
However all the others actually have a coaster section before the main drop. That's the only thing I can think (the elevator style lift isn't it, as there are other coasters that have those), as the one at Plopsaland just goes straight from the lift to the drop. Maybe that's why?

I still think it's the same as the others, and therefore I'm still counting it. ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend
It is an odd one really, as technically this one is just a 'chute' ride. However, this is also an actual Mack Supersplash ride, though a custom one.

So yeah, it does count as Mack sell them as water-coastery type rides, and every other one counts, so this one should too, though it is a bit iffy.

And them wooden chutes were taken off a while back, I remember it was menionted in General discussions.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I'd still class it as a coaster. I very much doubt it being because of the elevator, as a lot of other coasters do, but, as said above, it might actually be the fact that it doesn't actually do a lot of 'coaster-y' elements apart from that one little hill before the splashdown, if that'd be the only remaining feature that makes it a coaster, there'd be a lot of Flumes also classed as coasters.

As said, I still class it as a coaster, though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It would be interesting to know the reason for removing it, because you could say there's a similar situation with the Mack water coasters, with Journey to Atlantis in Orlando being the odd one out as it only feautures a small coaster section, that one little twisty drop. Where as the other water coasters tend to have 2/3 drops/coaster sections.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think people need to remember that RCDB, as great of a resource as it is, is essentially just one guy's opinion when it comes to the "Is it a coaster?" definitions.

I'm not knocking RCDB at all, as it's a fantastic site. It's just that, for some reason, people take it as some kind of "official" list, when there are actually very few people behind it.

It's clearly a great achievement that basically one guy has done all that, but I, personally, don't see it as the be-all and end-all of what a coaster is or isn't. I would question the removal of the Plopsa water coaster and the side friction chutes while keeping all those Butterflies on there, but it actually isn't going to affect the way I personally count coasters anyway.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Oh, obv, that's why I've always had a few credz on my count that aren't on RCDB.

I know quite a few members on here use RCDB as their 'is it a cred?' bible. I'll be interested to see if any of them will take this off their counts now :).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I use RCDB as a 'first port of call'. Most of the time I think it's pretty right, and like Gavin's said it's an incredibly useful tool. But this is staying on my count, and I think RCDB is wrong here.

marc

CF Legend
I just use coaster counter tbh and it's still on there so will count it.

Tbh though I never thought this was a cred other than the fact Mack call it a water coaster.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jake said:
^ Oh, obv, that's why I've always had a few credz on my count that aren't on RCDB.

I know quite a few members on here use RCDB as their 'is it a cred?' bible. I'll be interested to see if any of them will take this off their counts now :).

I took off all the Supersplashes a while ago, and the wooden ones. I think it was the Hydro argument (is it a cred or not). People could say "well you count Supersplashes so your argument is invalid", so I ditched them too - if it's an iffy cred, it goes off the list ;)

However, I think that this is as much a cred as, say, Ben 10 at DMP (for everyone else but me ;) ).