and the park.
I know the site was "off season quiet",
but why did you close it down.
Spill the beans, or at least a bean!
Thanks for the past efforts on the site anyway,
and good luck for the future.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
The vintage cars were picked up from Loudoun Castle back when they bought Powder Kegs and the rest of Skeleton Cove.

The original plan (2012 IIRC) was to have the vintage cars replace Skate Karts and tie it in with Raptor Attack, which would then form the beginnings a new themed area. With news of dinosaur themed adventure golf and a simulator, I'm guessing the original plans are now afoot. It'll be a shame to see Skate Karts removed, but I can understand it from a business perspective.

I'm guessing the simulator is also why the park placed Whirlwind on the market last year - both to make room for it and provide the necessary funds, as I can't imagine they come cheap. It'll be a fantastic addition for the park though, so kudos.

darrenhosker

Roller Poster
These things look great, would be a great addition to LWV. Something unique and memorable. Hope they don't go really cheap with it.

Wander where they would put this?

523753d11d6a3-simworx-immersive-tunnel-with-dinosaurs-1200.jpg

Immersive-Crowd-FRONT-Dino.jpg

simworx%20immersive%20tunnel%20with%20dinosaurs%20600.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Going by what Mackem Lad has said, I'd guess they're building all this around Raptor Attack, to create a new jurassic themed area. The diversity of attractions will already make this trump Skeleton Cove.

Having two miniature golf courses might be a bit odd though, especially if they're both pay-to-play.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Maybe some Jurassic theming around T'Ultimate? That way they can sell the roughness as dinosaurs trying to derail the train!

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
It was marketed as 'The T-Rex of Rollercoasters' when it first opened... so you never know!

I'm not so sure the miniature golf will be going next to the new attractions - as odd that as that may sound. The holiday village application did say the current miniature golf would be redeveloped, and it wouldn't make sense to relocate it as holiday guests wouldn't be able to access it after hours.

Unless of course as Martyn says, the plan is to have two?

Martyn B

CF Legend
What's going on with the Holiday Village Mackem Lad? Last I heard it was approved and they cleared the wooded area of it's rides, but haven't heard a word since.

laptop

Roller Poster
Official News Release
Visitor numbers boost for Lightwater Valley!
10th February 2015

Lightwater Valley in North Yorkshire has received a welcome boost to its visitor numbers.

Figures released by the theme park show an 11% increase in visitor numbers and a 9% increase in revenue for 2014 compared to the previous year.

Mark Bainbridge, general manager, Lightwater Valley said:

“It was a really positive year for us with our Mr. Men, Fantastic Fireworks and Frightwater Valley events proving very popular. Last year we also held a Meet the Gruffalo event and we have plans this coming season for similar special ‘celebrity’ visits.

“We are investing £350,000 on replacing the existing crazy golf and a new vintage car rally ride as well as looking at other activities to build on last year’s success.”

Later this month the ‘Fab Feb Family Fun’ half term event returns with over 20 attractions, the Angry Birds activity park and falconry centre all open for £5 entrance fee.

The ‘Fab Feb Family Fun’ half term event runs from 19th - 22nd February with the full park reopening for the Easter holiday period on 28th March.

HighExtreme

Roller Poster
Good news that LWV are increasing their visitor volume and revenue, it is a telling reward that their efforts to create themed areas is slowly paying off.

Their commercial operation is really improving, with range of park branded merchandise lines increasing in the gift shops and the ability to take card payments in the catering units is a massive step forwards.

Vintage Cars is a bit of a non-event as they added an impressive and extensive tractor ride only a few seasons back.

Immersive Tunnel however is incredible news, does anybody know if this will be added for 2016?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Sorry, but that tractor ride is far from impressive. They would have been better off just having a petting zoo.

sean

Mega Poster
Agreed, the tractor ride could have been so promising but sadly, its a very sparse ride in comparison with other tractor rides out there. Good to see some new ride investment this year.