What's new

Loudoun Castle: Coaster under construction

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Ah yes, well atleast it's out of storage now!

It may sound greedy but why not have both, looks like they have the land for it?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Emmett said:
Its the old '4 Man Bob' coaster which used to be at Alton Towers.

Divv from TPR posted some photos of the track pieces in his report from the park just recently.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 54#p878654

The 4 Man Bob coaster has been in storage at the park for ages, so it may not be that.

RCDB has the Bob coaster listed seperately as 'In Storage', surely if it was that they would have just changed the status...?

Edit: Ok, just viewed the PTR, I'll take back what I said, it clearly is that coaster.

But unfortunetly, the Rat has gone, and this is being built in its place :( So if anything, its a step backwards, good one!

Jake

Strata Poster
Yay! I like it when parks rip out creds I already have and replace them with ones I don't, no matter how good the former was and how terrible the latter is.

Might go camping up there again in the summer if theres time. Although, i'll be staying well clear of M&Ds!

marc

CF Legend
Already got the cred :(.

They have so much space there do not see why they are removing one to build another, unless they have sold it.

Tbh I really liked the park wish it was nearer.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Marc, the Rat was up for sale (along with Twist 'n' Shout), do I guess it got bought, but from whom....? Hopefully it'll pop up in another small UK park.

I guess if they find a buyer for Twist 'n' Shout, they'll probably re-install the other coaster they have in storage:

p10165.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah it does does look all funky with its curve etc, but I wouldn't think much to the patrk if this was its main coaster!

aly

Mega Poster
Jake said:
Yay! I like it when parks rip out creds I already have and replace them with ones I don't, no matter how good the former was and how terrible the latter is.

Might go camping up there again in the summer if theres time. Although, i'll be staying well clear of M&Ds!

Awww you can pitch your tent in my garden :wink:

aly

Mega Poster
Jake said:

aly

Mega Poster
Jake said:

Ben

CF Legend
Jake said:

It's a CRED Alton ripped out. We're going. That's all there is. I want the complete collection :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Tomatron said:
furie said:
I love that coaster! I want to go NOW! :(

Did you ride it when it was at Lightwater Valley some years back?

Nope, Alton Towers. If it IS the same one.

It moved from Trentham, to Alton to Pleasure Island to Flamingoland to Grove Land to Loudon!

Or is this a different coaster?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You were right in the first place Martyn B. This is the ex-Viper from LWV, not the old 4-Man Bob.

So I've not been on it... There we go :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
The picture I posted was the Viper from Lightwater, but the coaster thats being built in the park now is the 4 Man Bob from Alton.

They've removed the Rat and are replacing it with a coaster they have in storage,....I posted that pic as I said about them replacing Twist 'n' Shout with the other coaster they have in storage (Viper from LWV)

With me? :p