What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

emertens

Roller Poster
Construction on the park is moving incredibly fast! Do you think they are trying to shoot for a late summer soft opening? I'd imagine the coasters would be complete by the middle of February. It looks like the flat rides are starting to go up as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved to coaster construction.

Whilst yes, there are two other coasters being built at this park - one is a kiddie cred (RCDB says Big Apple) and the other is an SLC - we're here for Kanonen, let's face it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Anyone know if the SLC will get new trains from Vekoma or if it will just keep the old ones?

EDIT:- Apparently the trains for this coaster were up for sale, suggesting that the park has purchased new trains for the coaster which is great news if true (providing the new trains aren't from Kumbak that is).

^Also surely this topic would make more sense in park construction?

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Whilst yes, there are two other coasters being built at this park - one is a kiddie cred (RCDB says Big Apple) and the other is an SLC - we're here for Kanonen, let's face it.
^Fair enough, but honestly the rest of the park has decent potential. After looking at the concept art and overhead plan and seeing how decently well-rounded the ride collection will be, I had a look around their highly-regarded waterpark using their virtual tour and it looks really nice and unkept, lots of scenery/foliage and bits of theming here and there. I really do love the colour scheme of the SLC, and I'm really starting to appreciate the all-green colour scheme of Kanonen. I imagine this place as a whole will be a pleasant surprise for many when it opens. Also, I believe they have plans to add a couple more rides coasters in the future.

emertens

Roller Poster
Yeah I am really loving the color schemes given the areas that they will be in. The SLC will be in an area that looks to have a windy/airy/beachside island sort of vibe to it with lots of bright colors. The park's drop tower will be in that area as well as the Gerstlauer Sky Fly, so I think that all the bright colors will look good together once complete. Plus Kanonen will be in a jungle/temple ruins themed area, so I think the green will look great! I wish the family would go ahead and start building a website and tease some of the other new attractions. What I'm really interested in, other than Kanonen and Cobra, is the dark ride that will be in the volcanic area of the park. Plus I just want to see all the themeing. I just ordered a Lost Island sweatshirt from the waterpark's website.

Pear

Strata Poster
602bff3a7e5be.image.jpg

602bff76b297f.image.jpg

602bfe8bacac8.image.jpg

602bfdb8214e9.image.jpg

602bfdb8444ab.image.jpg

602bfdd2a1d51.image.jpg

602bfe8b83891.image.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
Haven't really kept up with the story behind the SLC. Is it a relocation? Because I'm not sure why an SLC is being built in 2021.

spicy

Giga Poster
The Kumbak SLC trains on Batman Arkham Asylum were actually really good. So maybe they improved the design?
Although I did ride it opening season when they were just added so maybe I got lucky.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The Kumbak SLC trains on Batman Arkham Asylum were actually really good. So maybe they improved the design?
Although I did ride it opening season when they were just added so maybe I got lucky.

were they designed like a tuning fork? That was the biggest problem with T3's kumbaks. The train was literally designed like a tuning fork so it vibrated to no end. No idea how someone thought that designing trains after an instrument made to vibrate was a good idea.

either way it's cool to see the progress the park is making.

TilenB

Strata Poster
They were still running great in 2017.

And I believe they were added a few years before T3 got its new trains, so I'm not exactly sure how that one ended up being so much worse. I guess a lot still depends on the general condition of the track and there are some SLCs that are beyond salvation even with a new train.

emertens

Roller Poster
This park is going to be a huge bucket list for me. If anything, just because I love the customer service of the company. I ordered a Lost Island sweatshirt from their website, and they sent it to me, handwrapped, with a park brochure and a handwritten thank you note.