What's new

Lori's Trip Thread - The Spirit of St. Louis

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Alright I got thinking earlier and I realized just how packed my 2016-2020 period for trips were. All but 2020 had at least one WDW trip. 2017 in particular had:
Wisconsin Dells (May, stayed at the Polynesia hotel, ate cool cheese stuffed pretzel things and watched That 70s Show)
Disney Trip 1 (August, memorable because we had no idea this was happening, thought we were going to a festival, thought the big storage box was for something else, then got blasted outta bed at 2am and told that we were going to Disney - my reaction verbatim to being told this was "No we're not...")
Disney Trip 2 (August - the week after the previous trip, I wanted to go to Incredible Pizza Co. Mom offered to take us to Disney instead. She wasn't joking. So we arrived home from a trip and then left for another on both ends of the week. Rode UoE and GMR for the final time. We broke down on the way home in Pell City and spent 4 hours there)
Disney Trip 3 (November - led straight into...)
Six Flags Over Georgia (stopped by on the way home - had to stop for something or other and that night after getting Burger King we went to check for Christmas lights, went down a random road and we ended up in a surprise SFOG visit thaaaaaattt got ****ed up by a headache. I got Batman tho so)

2018:
Six Flags Over Georgia (January, Goliath dethroned Batman for No 1)
Wisconsin Dells (May, stayed at Wilderness, had a blast)
Gatlinburg (June?, stayed at Holiday Inn, went to the other Wilderness for a night or two, failed to get to Dollywood :()
Disney Trip (August, rode Slinky Boi)
Six Flags Great America (August, new No 1 in Raging Bull, threw up after 4 coasters and cut the day in half)
Six Flags Over Georgia 2 (cancelled, woulda been September or October, Mom promised this but it never happened)
Gatlinburg/Panama City Beach (cancelled, planned for October and would have had a stop off at Wilderness for a bit, cancelled because C5 Hurricane Michael hit on our planned arrival date - we went to Target instead)
Gatlinburg 2 (November, got Dollywood and 2 No 1s in 24 hours)

2019 was no slouch either:
Disney Trip (March, never got RnRC sadly, final Disney Trip)
Panama City Beach (March, immediately followed Disney Trip - as in we drove from there to here)
Wisconsin Dells (May, absolutely legendary)
Six Flags Great America (September - hamstrung by having little sister and no brother and forgetting shoes at the place we were staying at and needing to buy new ones, ruled out the bigger coasters, 1 cred, follow up visit the next day and SFSTL stop on way home never materialized (SFSTL replaced the second SFGAM day, but it was a weekday and SFSTL had already finished weekday operations))

Even 2020 had some goodies:
Chicagoland (February, to sell my dad's dad's house - that he did not want to happen, but it had to because we were bankrupt. SFGAm wasn't open yet)
Disney Trip (cancelled, planned for either March, April or May - COVID killed it)
Wisconsin Dells (cancelled, planned for maybe March - COVID killed it too)
Gatlinburg 1 (May, stayed at Holiday Inn (pretty big and cool one), no Dollywood)
Galveston 1 (July, awesome, got spited by Iron Shark tho)
Galveston 2 (August, went here in a rental, rather less awesome than first trip, spilled Kool Aid on the bed and got in big trouble after I made it worse, hotel Internet committed suicide on the second to last day. Rode my latest credit on this trip - Iron Shark at the Pleasure Pier - on second to last day after a sneaky operation with my mom's friend that got me a good ribbing the day after)
Gatlinburg 2 (September, no Dollywood either, Holiday Inn again, ended up in Express side of building on the last two days after an extension)
Galveston 3 (October, very close to Halloween, no Pleasure Pier this time)

But then it all dried up in 2021:
Biloxi (June, got cooked, Mom's wallet got stolen, worst of all time trip)
Six Flags St Louis (cancelled, planned for June, birthday trip, it croaked)
New Orleans (July, decent but got spited by Dixie Landin')
Magic Springs (cancelled, planned for August, just vanished off the radar)
Gatlinburg (cancelled, planned for November, Dollywood MIGHT have been on the cards but I'm struggling to remember - lack of a minivan and concern over Delta and Omicron were to blame for killing this one)

Florida (Uni/Busch) and Galveston were also floated about but both died.

2022 had no vacations that took place or were planned (although there was a hope that Mom could bring me to SFGAm when waterpark passes became available). And then this year I had a surprisingly close call at getting invited to a classmate's Disneyland trip in May, but various factors (Mainly DCS and the fact that it turned out to be a "mother and son time" trip) resulted in it going up in smoke. Maybe Mom will bring me up to the Dells or SFGAm in May or something. Who knows.

EDIT: Actually perhaps I can go ask Mom on Facebook if we could consider going to SFGAm or the Dells - long shot but I NEED to go somewhere lol

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
After almost a full 3 years running of no creds at all, the credless streak at last came to an end yesterday. Ninja at SFSTL broke it.

SFSTL rides ridden yesterday:

Ninja (not that bad, broke my no coaster streak)
Batman: The Ride (2nd best coaster there)
The Joker Inc (Very fun)
Spinsanity
Tsunami Soaker (It, uh, it lived up to its name)
Colossus
Pandemonium (3rd best coaster there)
Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (best ride there by far, preliminary #2 coaster overall - haven't had a feeling like that in a WHILE!)
Supergirl Sky Flyer (All praises to the Endeavor!)
Boss (needs RMC'd badly)
SkyScreamer (why is the ride cycle so damn short on this one?)
Fireball (My brother said he saw someone lose his phone on this one BTW)

We had considered riding Justice League: Battle for Metropolis (didn't get there with Grandma and Sis in tow because Sis can't ride Mr. Freeze), Boomerang (Bailey wanted to, and I wanted the cred because it'd be my first Boomerang. It was closed...), Screamin' Eagle and Catwoman's Whip (we bailed early before we could get to those). We're going again today (INCLUDING the waterpark), tomorrow and then with our Platinum passes we might be heading off to here again for Fright Fest. MIGHT.

Anyways time to get excited at the prospect of what today will bring. 5 down, 4 to go.

EDIT: Lol I forgot we drove straight to the park from home, then at 4 we went to the hotel. Thus I have one single photo as proof that it happened:
IMG_20230710_095402.jpg

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Today I walked out with a +1, American Thunder. We never even got near the area with Boomerang, Eagle, River King and Catwoman's Whip, which I guess doesn't matter in Boomerang's case because it never opened.

But the real downer was at the waterpark. One of the main reasons I even wanted to go there was to get on Typhoon Twister, that delightfully fun looking ProSlide monstrosity. I saw it was closed on a sign outside so when my brother and his girlfriend wanted to do a slide I prioritized getting Tornado, the slide next door, over TT. The regrettable part happened when I kept that priority even when I saw, with my own eyes, that TT was indeed open.

So after going down Tornado I figured "Now's my chance!" and asked my brother if we could ride Typhoon Twister. And then the darndest thing happened; it turns out my brother and his GF had decided that the rest of the time at the waterpark was to be spent being lovey dovey in the wave pool. I couldn't go with my sister for some damn reason, and then I couldn't sneak off under the guise of getting a different slide and then hop on TT because when alone I absolutely HAD to be in my grandma's sight, and as it turns out that essentially meant that the options were sit at a lounge chair for an hour and a half or go in the wave pool for an hour and a half.

So I got a net total of exactly 1 ride at HH. Ugh.

Now, HOPEFULLY, today we can rectify this before we go home. I don't want to stay particularly long at HH, just long enough to get TT and a few other slides in the vicinity. I also want to go on the rides at the corner of the park we never really reached the two days before.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
The HH return visit never materialized yesterday, sadly, and thus Typhoon Twister became one of my most painful spites. I should have prioritized it over Tornado. (Another reason for my brother to skip it was it actually HAD been closed for most of the day, it opening was basically a fluke) That's the first priority when we get back to HH.

Yesterday I at last finished off everything else I wanted in the dry park (although my brother came VERY close to skipping out on Catwoman's Whip) with the exception of Boomerang, which never moved an inch in the three days we were there. CW is now my tied favorite ride at SFSTL.

Finally, to get as much mileage as possible out of the Platinum Season Pass we got, we will return to SFSTL later this year. Exactly when is unknown but it'll likely be sometime in September.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Bucket List:
  • Rerides on Batman, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Fireball and Pandemonium at minimum
  • Get on the goddamn Boomerang (IF it opens at all)
  • Ride at least Tsunami Surge at the waterpark (Probably won't want to reride Tornado because already have it)

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Welp. Redemption crashed and burned, Boomerang was actually operating late on the first day but by then my grandma was too tired to hike there. Second day we got buried in the front of the park as my sister wanted to go on everything in the southwest corner and weren't able to get to the Boomerang area before the weather knocked it out cold (everything else in the park closed, Boomerang just stayed closed far longer than everything else). Then it just never opened before we left, even though at one point it looked like it might. Meanwhile every slide in the waterpark got shut down for the day, so plans to go there went out the window and now Tsunami Surge will be something for 2024. On the bright side, we may very well be returning for Fright Fest so there is an opportunity to snag the Boomerang. And Rookie Racer, if it's open by then.