What's new

Longest Queue and Most Excessive Switchbacks

michaellll

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
Yeah Duelling Dragons is a massive walk. The queue for the rapids at Alton is pretty long as well.

I love the DC queue! It's so beautiful in there! :D

But it was far better as Dueling Dragons.......The room with the frozen knights hung by the ceiling <3

CMonster

Giga Poster
Yeah, definitely Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge... even though there weren't THAT many actual switchbacks, the line went on forever and ever and ever.

Its theming made up for it, though!

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Oblivion's a pretty long, uphill walk - especially if you want to get straight back on after getting off.

Nic

Strata Poster
iSpeed's queue is vile. Just a massive cattle pen in a tent. I'm so glad it wasn't excessively hot the day we were there.

Rita's is pretty nasty. It just goes on forever. You just think you've got to the front, then realise you've still got another hour to go. Stealth's is similar, but Rita's always seems worse.

A

Anonymous

^^ We had over 30°C when we were there, and I have to say that it wasn't that bad really, the shade really helped. Sure we went for front row only so we didn't have to wait in the middle of it though...

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Rita and Thirteen at Alton Towers are pretty hefty, switch back wise, and now because the queue lines intermingle, when they are both busy, it can look horrendous.

MF at Cedar Point though, I believe they removed a good section of the queue line a few years ago, but it used to be totally vast.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
What I sometimes do when there is a small queue is to enter through the fastpass entrance and then climb over to the main queue line later. Often helps, especially with rides like Oblivion.However it fails epicly on some....

Mike

Giga Poster
Duelling Dragon Challenge's line goes on for miiiles.
So long, in fact, that it cost me $3 to use their "free lockers". ¬¬

I guess if a ride had all of it's cattlepens and switchbacks open, then I'd have no idea what would be longest. Cedar Fair do a good job of making cattlepens go on forever, so something at one of their parks perhaps?

reddude333

Giga Poster
I know it's not a coaster, but the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland has a ginormous queue...at least it's themed really well :) Probably are much worse I've been in but I always think that when I think never-ending queue.

Rankle07

Roller Poster
for me i would say that the rapids at alton towers.

also i have never qued with more than 20 people for hex. So i would say that there que line is a bit much.

Obilvion also takes the piss on a quiet day lol.

worst switch back has to be saw the ride

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Re: Hex- I remember queueing out the door when it first opened!

The ridiculous thing about the long switchbacks is that theyre often only ever used for about a month and a half when the rides first open

Colossus

Giga Poster
coasterdude_1 said:

That`s because at that point nobody realized how much that ride sucked! There`s absolutely no reason whatsoever for its excessive queue.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
coasterdude_1 said:

That`s because at that point nobody realized how much that ride sucked! There`s absolutely no reason whatsoever for its excessive queue.

There was an extra long pre-show actually for the first few months which added a lot to the queue.

It was fab and made a fab ride even fabber :p

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Legoland Rapids yet...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
coasterdude_1 said:

Actually there is, I was there on Saturday and the outside Hex queue was practically full. Granted its the only time I've ever seen it like that, but it does get used on the busier days.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Has anyone seen space mountain (Florida)'s queue? It's ridiculously long! I luckily had a fastpass, so I managed to skip it...AND there's two queues! However, they do have interactive games in the queueline...

Has anyone seen Nemesis's massive switchback?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
CoasterCrazy said:
Has anyone seen Nemesis's massive switchback?

Seen them? I've queued in them... It's a chore, but very cool when you get up over the top of the turnaround point.

marc

CF Legend
Same here Furie, opening year 4 hour queue in the sun.

The worst queue ever BTM in Paris, queued it once for 2 hours never again, you feel like you are getting no where and when you finally get on the coaster it was not worth the wait.

Jake

Strata Poster
313345_10150368935577845_655017844_10223229_2603051_n.jpg