What's new

lonely rider

A

Anonymous

Sorry if this has been posted before! Has anyone ever had a coaster experience all to themselves. I would imagine the experience would be pretty surreal, due to the fact that you wouldn't hear anybody else screaming.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Now I come to think of it, I don't know if I ever had. I don't regularly go to parks that are empty, and when I do its always with other people. I probably havn't had a coaster all to myself, but I might have been on one with just me and one mate.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I've ridden, Saw, Inferno & Rage totaly to myself and ridden Oblivion, Beastie, Stealth, Spinball with just my mother.

As far as flats, I rode Rush and Det with just staff and also looked very silly doing Rumba and Loggers on my own.

nealbie

CF Legend
I know Will did a fair few times on Lynet during the ERT, or WERT as it became.

He looked unfathomably silly :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Maybe cheating, but I've practically done all the rides I've worked on by myself...

Me and Mushroom also did Buccaneer with just us two on it once... He has the video hidden somewhere...

Done Loggers by myself once as well, but that's about it...

A

Anonymous

Ive had one run on Oblivion once afew emptyes sent round then me alone. man how crap it is with nobody else on

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Nemesis Inferno said:
Me and Mushroom also did Buccaneer with just us two on it once... He has the video hidden somewhere...

Hidden? I don't think so, its had OVER 16k viewers on youtube and its my 6th most popular video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwDuuPRwbaw[/youtube]

In terms of a train to myself? Well, no, but I've had it where it was a Maverick train full of just CFers (most epic coaster ride ever), and then on Rumbler it was just me, Jerry, Snoo, and Aidan, and same with on a few of Beech Bend's coasters.

But I've never had an entire train just for me, haha.

nealbie

CF Legend
I wonder how many Stephen has on his list? He's been on 150. I wonder how close to that number it is? :lol:

Kebab

Giga Poster
Pretty much everything at Siam Park City, riding alone on an SLC completely changes the experience, feels more like a K'Nex coaster or something.

P1020291-Copy.jpg

P1020286-Copy.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I rode Avalanche at Timber Falls three times in a row in the front row with my friend before. I think I've done Speed by myself as well. Also, I rode Desperado with just my parents.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well when I went to SFFT I rode Rattler with my sister and maybe 1 other person and we were in the very front so I kinda consider it.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I've done a few as I recall...

Legend @ Holiday World
Cyclone, Scorcher, and MindBender @SFOG

I bet there have been others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Oh god, yes. Far, far too many times to list or count.

This year, on a trip to FL, I rode the Dania Beach Hurricane a whole bunch of times with no one else around so my buddy could get pictures.

Many, many times in parks outside the US...

Rode Avalanche at Timber Falls like 12 times in a row without anyone else showing up. I've actually ridden several of the Dells coasters solo, now that I think of it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Done Stampida, Khan, Muntanya Russa and some other flats all to myself.

I think coasters are much more fun when experienced in group, especially if the people in this group are friends or relatives.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I would've done a fair few single-car coasters by myself: wild mice, spinners etc.

The coaster that sticks out though is G5. It was just after park opening, and the park was really, really quiet. There were still some people around though, standing on the bridge next to the drop and around the station area, but nobody wanted to get on it without watching it first.

Anyway, I got the first car of the day, by myself, with an audience of about 20-25 Taiwanese, a bunch of which grabbed me at the exit and made me ride again with them.

Very bizzare, but pretty cool at the same time.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
gavin said:
Anyway, I got the first car of the day, by myself, with an audience of about 20-25 Taiwanese, a bunch of which grabbed me at the exit and made me ride again with them.

Really? LOL. That is plain weird!