What's new

Liverpool Teens arrested for beating up lad at Alton Towers

Robbie

Hyper Poster
http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/ ... on-towers/

Four teenagers are in police custody as officers investigate a reported assault at Alton Towers.

The youths, aged 13, 14, and two 15-year-olds, all from Liverpool, were arrested on suspicion of assault yesterday.

Police were called to the site just after 4pm by security staff.

A 15-year-old boy, from the Dudley area, was airlifted to the Royal Derby Hospital. He sustained facial injuries and his condition is described as stable.

An investigation into the circumstances of the incident is now underway. Witnesses are asked to contact Staffordshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 527 of June 16.

Must be bad to be airlifted. Accidents happen, but you don't expect to be beaten up on a day at a theme park.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Liverpool Teens arrested for beating up lad at Alton Tow

Do we know any experts the Daily Mail can interview about this? ;)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Bloody scousers!

Being serious though, I hope the boy is ok! Nobody deserves to be beaten up whilst having a fun day out!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I'm surprised the article just stops there. I was expecting a following paragraph beginning:

"This comes just over a year after the devastating Smiler crash which left 5 seriously injured. One of those victims, Ex dancer, Vicky Balch, *insert photo of Vicky flashing her leg* had to have her right leg amputated after the xxxx tonne trains collided at xxx mph. *insert seven more paragraphs diligently covering Vicky's trip to the chillfactore*

djmcbell

Roller Poster

As Pink Panther said, I'd expect the Daily Mail to be up in arms, decrying Alton Towers as the least safe place in the country as you'll either get injured on the rides or beaten up.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Pink Panther said:
I'm surprised the article just stops there. I was expecting a following paragraph beginning:

"This comes just over a year after the devastating Smiler crash which left 5 seriously injured. One of those victims, Ex dancer, Vicky Balch, *insert photo of Vicky flashing her leg* had to have her right leg amputated after the xxxx tonne trains collided at xxx mph. *insert seven more paragraphs diligently covering Vicky's trip to the chillfactore*

Here is the Daily Mail coverage of it. So predictable:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pital.html

djmcbell

Roller Poster

Like the way it kinda seamlessly blends the Smiler accident into it. Y'know, just in case anybody had forgotten or thought it was remotely relevant to this.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Wow, they don't even try to make it relevant to the article. It's a whole separate paragraph. To the daily mail, the Smiler accident was the best thing that's ever happened.

Smithy

Strata Poster

To be fair it was either going to be Scousers or Gypos.