What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Why not have seats alternate forward and backward so that a table can go in between 4 seats. You can chat with your friends with this version too!

Lofty

CF Legend
I kinda like wing coasters? Yeah, I've only done Swarm and Raptor (basic, yeah), but they're both fun coasters?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
New for 2017/18
liseberg-neuheiten-2017-2018-ankuendigung-620x350.jpg

Europe's longest dive coaster will be called "Valkyria" and will be around 165ft tall, reaching speeds of 65mph.
valkyria-liseberg-artwork.jpg

"Loke" will swing riders 135ft and will be located near Balder
loke-liseberg-artwork.jpg

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Do you have a source? If this is true, then it's a bit disappointing. At least the dive coaster...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Image info says they are from parkerlebnis.de. I'm not saying they are a credible source but I'd like to know where they got them from before making a judgement!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I've done some googling, and it was indeed parkerlebnis.de posting it, but they are literally the only ones posting about it. I'm really just going to wait until we get more sources. Tomorrow we will know for sure.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Efteling also has a 6 seater dive coaster, and they have more visitors than Liseberg. I just feel that a dive coaster wouldn't really add much to the current selection of rides. I'd much prefer an inverted coaster or a flying coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hmm. A dive machine is a great investment for any park, although I truly believe that it will feel like a filler attraction at the park, especially when compared to Liseberg and Helix? Time will tell though, let's hope the layout offers something really unique!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A Dive coaster? Neat!

Sure, it's old news to people who regularly frequent Alton Towers, Heide, Efteling, Gardaland, CP or the Busch Gardens parks, but most visitors to Liseberg certainly don't. There's nothing like it in the Nordic countries, I'd say Krake at Heide Park is the closest thing to a competitor this coaster would have. And since Balder can thrive despite Colossos, I guess the actual competition doesn't amount to very much. Virtually nobody, maybe apart from certain enthusiasts, will reconsider their planned trip to Liseberg because they've ridden a Dive coaster before.

Now I hope TusenFryd will step up their game. In the early 2000s, they got ThunderCoaster, Liseberg got Balder. Then Liseberg built Kanonen, while TusenFryd built SpeedMonster. Then Liseberg got Helix and TusenFryd a second-hand Vekoma Family coaster. Liseberg refurbished both their kiddie lands, TusenFryd half-assed a tiny corner of their park. Now Liseberg appears to be matching SpinSpider, while also adding a unique coaster type to the Nordic countries. Meanwhile, TusenFryd spends its budget on a rapids ride and a knock-off 4D dark ride...

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Would like to clarify that Loke is an Intamin Gyro Swing, and by the looks of it, it will have lap bars (I believe it's the ones on Taron/Ferrari Accelerator).

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
CoasterMac305 said:
Would like to clarify that Loke is an Intamin Gyro Swing, and by the looks of it, it will have lap bars (I believe it's the ones on Taron/Ferrari Accelerator).

That would add a completely new dimension to this type of ride! Solid investment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I just can't get excited over a dive machine when compared to Helix and Balder. At least it's unique to the area.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster
It was bound to happen, but it makes me really sad. Kanonen is a really fab little coaster. Hopefully a small park can buy it.

Ben

CF Legend
I'd rather see it shoved on the hill somewhere but they've got serious space issues there!

Otherwise I'd be so happy if Kanonen went it's poo.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I wonder if there's any chance this coaster could have lapbars instead of OTSR's? That's what holds the B&M loopers back in my opinion, the restrictive, uncomfortable and unnecessary restraints. Even the vests are just lapbars with floppy bits of plastic hampering any movement or vulnerability.

If this were to use lapbars then it would increase my excitement exponentially, with OTSR's it'll sit well below balder and helix and even lisebergbanan imho.

Sounds very dramatic but I just cannot see the point in OTSR's anymore, if intamin can whack lapbars on the 10 loopers every manufacturer should be using them.