What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The new ride will be presented live on Facebook and YouTube 11am CEST on Tuesday.

Teaser Trailer Below

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/liseberg.se/videos/1402243063138589/[/facebookpost]

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Interesting. For those interested, Ur mörkret translates as "out of the darkness". (according to google at least)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The trailer says "nästa års nyheter", which translates into "next year's news". Where did you read that it is a 2018 announcement, and not the new attractions for 2017?

By the way, the previous teaser trailer (here) says "Jätten vaknar" which means "the giant awakes" or "the giants awake" (can't really remember how plurals work in Swedish). So it sounds interesting, at least, although more so if it is indeed the 2018 news we're seeing.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yeah i was basing it on something i read elsewhere about a press release on the official site. But having looked into it I can't see anything of the sort so perhaps lead up the garden path their.

This should in truth be merged with the 2017 thread :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Ohhh this is so exciting! Liseberg is almost like a home park to me so anything they build will be exciting. I'm hoping for a B&M of some sort (preference is an invert), because that is the only thing that Sweden currently really lacks. As for the 2017 ride, some sort of flat seems likely. I'm hoping for a giant discovery as a replacement for SpinRock. If it will be something along these lines, it does seem that Liseberg is really focussing on thrills rather than families at the moment.

Lofty

CF Legend
If, and that's a big 'IF' Liseberg purchase a B&M invert, I sincerely hope it's something similar in style to OzIris, because that coaster is just **** fabulous.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Pink Panther said:
I hope it's good. Their last coaster was rubbish.

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and presume you're talking about Stampbanan, which opened in 2013. Helix was 2014. You must be mixing the two up.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
This news may well delay my trip to liseberg until 2018, I really think a b&b wing would fit the terrain perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
airtime_uk_ash said:
This news may well delay my trip to liseberg until 2018, I really think a b&b wing would fit the terrain perfectly

I know most wing coasters are criticised for not being very forceful, but having a Bed and Breakfast takes that criticism one step too far...

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
JoshC. said:
airtime_uk_ash said:

I know most wing coasters are criticised for not being very forceful, but having a Bed and Breakfast takes that criticism one step too far...

**** iphone!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
JoshC. said:
airtime_uk_ash said:

A coaster with a B&B wing (I assume that would be a wing of the station building) would actually be quite awesome. Okay, your wake-up would presumably be a little loud and rattling, but waking up and having breakfast inside a park before opening - next to a coaster, even - would be quite the experience.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
When reading "b&b wing" I was thinking of a wing coaster which has tables in front of each seat so you can have breakfast on it. Just hold on to your food in the inversions.