What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

Tulum

Mega Poster
The park has posted a short video from inside the tunnel in the closed Valkyria group. They also wrote a text that google translates as following:

"We finally got to go down the tunnel! Valkyrie will open soon and there is more to it, no premiärdatum is determined, but more pieces fall in place every day that goes. Sure can't wait to dive into the dark and cold underworld?"

Sounds like there might also be a Soft-Opening? Pictures the park posted on Wednesday show that the station looks pretty finished.

37325413_2175072882522266_7503769669585600512_o.jpg
(source: Liseberg)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like there might also be a Soft-Opening? Pictures the park posted on Wednesday show that the station looks pretty finished.

I don't think so. Without access to the original text, but interpreting the Google Translation, a polished-up translation reads as follows:

"We finally got to go down the tunnel! Valkyria will open soon. Moreover, no opening date is determined, but every day more pieces fall into place. Can you wait to dive into the dark and cold underworld?"

No mention of a soft opening, there's still a lot of unknowns, but they learn more every day.

Matt N

CF Legend
I've got a crazy question; does anyone reckon it will open before August? I was merely curious to see what others think, as I reckon there might possibly be a chance. The station and queue look close to complete from what I've seen, and with regards to the coaster itself, Hyperion opened less than a month after the first test run, so it's possible, in my opinion.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I've got a crazy question; does anyone reckon it will open before August?
Highly doubt it. I was just at the park a couple days ago and our tour guide couldn't give a precise timeframe, but I believe he said "maybe.. August" in response. (As I'm sure everyone is aware) The tunnel was really the main cause of the 10-week setback. Multiple different excavating techniques were attempted and failed in that whole process. Both days I was there, the ride was cycling almost non-stop from around noon to late in the evening hours. On the positive side, the whole area is absolutely stunning in person. That station building makes me drool just thinking about. Shame that they ran into these problems, I can't wait to see this ride open!

Matt N

CF Legend
Highly doubt it. I was just at the park a couple days ago and our tour guide couldn't give a precise timeframe, but I believe he said "maybe.. August" in response. (As I'm sure everyone is aware) The tunnel was really the main cause of the 10-week setback. Multiple different excavating techniques were attempted and failed in that whole process. Both days I was there, the ride was cycling almost non-stop from around noon to late in the evening hours. On the positive side, the whole area is absolutely stunning in person. That station building makes me drool just thinking about. Shame that they ran into these problems, I can't wait to see this ride open!
Ah right, thanks @CoasterMac305!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I'm really surprised that no-one has heard anything much about the opening date. Usually by now we'd have an idea or there would be rumours and rumblings.

Kind of annoying as I've been looking at going to Sweden but don't want to include Liseberg if it's not going to be open as I'll just have to return for it. I thought maybe booking the end of Aug/beginning of Sept would be safe but now I'm not so sure.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Kind of annoying as I've been looking at going to Sweden but don't want to include Liseberg if it's not going to be open as I'll just have to return for it. I thought maybe booking the end of Aug/beginning of Sept would be safe but now I'm not so sure.
Bear in mind that the Swedish parks go into weekend only mode at the end of August, I had issues arranging a trip a couple of years back in the last week of August.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Bear in mind that the Swedish parks go into weekend only mode at the end of August, I had issues arranging a trip a couple of years back in the last week of August.
Yes, this is partly my issue too. Got a few other options so may go elsewhere if it turns out to be too much of a pain.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Any more information yet??

I’ll be at Liseberg for the first time from August 8th-10th so hopefully it’s open by then, but I’m really starting to doubt it.