What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

Tulum

Mega Poster
The testing started. Liseberg posted videos of the cars being put on the track and also running the whole track on instagram.

Edit: I was a bit too slow.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The exit of the immelmann looks to be quite snappy at the top. That doesn't look like the shaping we've seen on these historically. I think it could be pretty cool.

Looks pretty good on the whole, but I can't say I'm overly excited for it. It just looks 'good'.

Hutch

Strata Poster
That looks a bit faster than expected. There could be some good whips in the inversions. Even the overbank looks fun.

But they're not using the holding brake atm. Perhaps it'll be a bit slower when they use it?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Am I still the only one who isn't sold on the gold track? To me it just looks like sunbleached sawdust.

The ride does look good, though. Seems to keep the speed quite well through the layout.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
The pacing looks really good at the moment but, as mentioned, the holding brake isn't active. It's something that B&M test last.

This is probably quite representative though. The drop will be slower but the ride should speed up as it beds in.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Agreed that it looks fast. Yay. (I'm in the gold loving camp too!)

Imagine a silver one! Or a bronze one!

Ok, back on topic.

Pear

Strata Poster
And now I'm 10x sadder that I'll be missing this. Oh well it's more incentive to go back!

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
This looks so much faster than expected! It appears that the zero g roll and overbank will both have some really good whip.

Feeling so much more hopeful and excited that I could be riding this a month from now!

Snoo

The Legend
Better than Blandravn

That trend has been building as of late as B&M starts big and then perfects with small from what I see. This definitely fits this mold as it's not long but packs a punch. Fenix does the same for Wingriders and may be one of the best.

Matt N

CF Legend
That trend has been building as of late as B&M starts big and then perfects with small from what I see. This definitely fits this mold as it's not long but packs a punch. Fenix does the same for Wingriders and may be one of the best.
The same could potentially go for Mako and hyper coasters and for Nemesis and inverted coasters, as both of those rides seem to be commonly regarded as one of the best of their respective models.

Snoo

The Legend
The same could potentially go for Mako and hyper coasters and for Nemesis and inverted coasters, as both of those rides seem to be commonly regarded as one of the best of their respective models.

Well Mako yes.. but Nemesis no.. as Nemesis was one of the first ones. Inverts have been a mixed bag depending on who you talk to as the reverse is the trend as the older you go, the more people tend to like them (short of Banshee.. which is hit or miss depending on who you talk to).

Matt N

CF Legend
Well Mako yes.. but Nemesis no.. as Nemesis was one of the first ones. Inverts have been a mixed bag depending on who you talk to as the reverse is the trend as the older you go, the more people tend to like them (short of Banshee.. which is hit or miss depending on who you talk to).
Ah right. So you meant exclusively newer ones. Thanks for the clarification @Snoo!

Snoo

The Legend
Ah right. So you meant exclusively newer ones. Thanks for the clarification @Snoo!

Well.. kinda. If you look at Dive Machines and Wing Riders specifically, they've trended from big to small and.. seemingly got better with more G's and such. The reverse is the case with Inverts short of specific rides. Other B&M ride types are hit or miss all over the place as some of the oldest ones and newer ones are the best with a middle group of complete crap.. lol