What's new

Liseberg Future Additions

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Spotted this by Lond on TPR, these are photos from the City Planning Office showing plans for a hotel and a hypercoaster over the current car park. Looks pretty interesting, the park has talked about a hotel before but I wonder how accurate these plans are.
ad2eb81762fbfb1152e40d135274a53d.jpg
4130a59c14616c7ddd05505c4cd20705.jpg
c11f5476a56021f928f989539b1283e5.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Hmm what kind of hyper? I know Helix was originally intended to be a hyper, with this being the original concept:-

Screenshot_20180623-211124.png
So maybe it could be a Mack? Obviously a different layout but I could see them working with them again. However since they just got Valkyria I actually think a B&M is probably the most likely option, providing they have plenty of space. If it is to be a compact hyper, then probably not. Maybe it could be an RMC? One can dream. It's exciting nevertheless.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'm happy that Liseberg might once more deliver a quality product to compare against Helix or Valkyria. That hypercoaster layout is quite bizarre, though, especially with it going on top of buildings and the very tight turns at the beginning - it almost reminds me of a more modern Manhattan Express! Other than that, I'm a bit stumped on the manufacturer; Intamin or MACK Rides seems more likely given the twister nature of this hyper coaster, but I'm sure that B&M isn't entirely out of the question given their approaches to more compact hyper coasters - see Hollywood Dream: The Ride, Raging Bull, or the new for 2019 Himalayan Eagle for reference.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That Hyper design is obviously a placeholder. No sane lift hill is shaped like that, with such a gradual transition at the bottom (where the train would be moving very slowly) and a lift steeper than the drop that follows. The turnaround after the first airtime hill also wouldn't work, it's way too narrow.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of this. Liseberg is a great park, and they're steadily working to make it better (unlike... *sobs*). A hyper would be a great addition, if they could find room to put it in.

Ben

CF Legend
The hotel and water park are happening, but don’t hold your breath for a hyper.

The park told us this weekend they’ve got no plans for a coaster for at least five years, and that plot of land is right next to some houses so realistically can’t have anything loud (this is why Balder has the tunnels etc)

The park will continue to be amazing we can guarantee that, but don’t get too excited for this.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like a Intamin the layout. They have a Mck and a B&M so now they're only missing an intamin :D
If it is an intamin, I could assume that the 5 years no coaster thing is correct. I think Intamin has a huge orderlist of projects they re working on
It's a mock-up for feasibility studies, if anything. The park illustrating how they could fit in more attractions, probably just for spitballing internally in the company. If Ben says they won't do a coaster for at least five years (which realistically means as far into the future as they have concrete plans), that's on the park's side and not the manufacturer's side. A park planning to add a coaster wouldn't wait for the manufacturer to fit them on their schedule, they would go to somebody else instead.

The news still got me curious, though. I take Ben's statement to mean they have plans for the next five years, and they don't involve a coaster. Which means, something else is in the works. Granted, the new children's dark ride is probably the New Big Thing one year (I'm thinking 2020, but can't remember exactly) and the water park a year or two after, but that still leaves a couple years in the five-year schedule and I don't see the dry park going without a thrill attraction for that long. So yay for a new flat ride in 2023 or so!

It's a mock-up for feasibility studies, if anything. The park illustrating how they could fit in more attractions, probably just for spitballing internally in the company. If Ben says they won't do a coaster for at least five years (which realistically means as far into the future as they have concrete plans), that's on the park's side and not the manufacturer's side. A park planning to add a coaster wouldn't wait for the manufacturer to fit them on their schedule, they would go to somebody else instead.

The news still got me curious, though. I take Ben's statement to mean they have plans for the next five years, and they don't involve a coaster. Which means, something else is in the works. Granted, the new children's dark ride is probably the New Big Thing one year (I'm thinking 2020, but can't remember exactly) and the water park a year or two after, but that still leaves a couple years in the five-year schedule and I don't see the dry park going without a thrill attraction for that long. So yay for a new flat ride in 2023 or so!
2023 there are already some details of a Chiapas style flume ride. It was mentioned on my vid and another vid from someone (Theme Parked i think) that there are plans for that style of ride for the anniversary. FlumeRide will probably go for this ride

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The water park and hotel are happening, just a case of when they happen and not if they happen.

I wouldn't be expecting any new coasters for a while, like Ben, I was told similar that it will be five years minimum and that was said to me in June 2018 and then along the same lines again a few weeks ago.

Liseberg in fairness have a very good offering and don't need a new coaster for a few years IMO.

cookie

Giga Poster
Liseberg had a five-season streak of coasters and major flats ending just last year, so waiting a while for another coaster is understandable imo.

A Chiapas-style water ride to replace FlumeRide sounds very promising though.

Last edited: