What's new

Liseberg 2020 Dark Ride Underlandet

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm getting some Droomvulcht vibes from that video.

I'll be honest, this completely doesn't appeal to me at all. It very much looks like a 'one and done' sort of ride to me (whereas there's plenty of kid-oriented family rides which I do enjoy and happily re-ride). But it's exactly what the park needs right now, and I'm sure it'll be a huge hit.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Interestingly, the attraction's name can be translated in two ways: Either "The land below" which lies closer to what the word means in English, but also "The land of wonders". The pronounciation of the two meanings is a little different, though. Wonder which one the park will go for?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Was just thinking about the name, ‘underlandet’ gives off a spooky stranger things ‘upsidedown’ vibe, appreciate its translation is likely nothing of the like as pointed out above but seems a bit dystopian for a kiddie ride to me.

Matt N

CF Legend
Well isn’t that a wonderfully cute little ride! There looks to be a fair bit of animation in there (as in, moving scenery), and the scenes look wonderfully detailed!

Good job, Liseberg!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Looks like a neat little ride for the kids.

It kind of has an old-school dark ride vibe too. Compact scenes with lots of moving parts and physical props.

A definite step in the right direction given Liseberg's lack of dark rides.