What's new

Liseberg 2018 New Coaster

Temleh

Mega Poster
Liseberg have confirmed to a group of individuals on a behind-the-scenes tour that they are looking at installing a new rollercoaster for 2018. The Swedish park are considering either a B&M Invert or some kind of coaster from RMC. The location for the new attraction will be next to Balder on the land that is currently occupied by the old factory buildings.

Dar

Hyper Poster
They also told the TST group that they're looking at replacing Lisberbananananana's trains soon due to the difficulty in finding parts for them!

peep

CF Legend
2018 sounds like it's shaping up to be quite an epic year for European parks. Very excited to see what they go for.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If this happens, guess I gotta add Liesberg to my trip that year. May as well since I'm going for Kolmarden.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
If they go with RMC, they may have the best wooden coaster pair on the planet. But I could see them building an invert since Kolmarden already has an RMC.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Need to go here.

TBH I'm kind of rooting for a B&M Invert. Obviously an RMC is the better choice but Sweden already has Wildfire so I'd like to see another Euro country get the RMC. Plus I'd like to see more B&M inverts sprout up.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I do agree, a B&M Invert would suit their line-up more than a RMC, considering they already have Balder and Helix. I wonder how this is going to turn out like.

Ben

CF Legend
Who cares what they already have, anyone rooting for an Invert over an RMC is mad, mad I say!

Yay Liseberg.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah. RMC would be AMAZING, but, if they build an invert akin to OzIris in terms of experience, that's also an amazing addition and there needs to be more of them around!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Could this be the first RMC Raptor track installation? Could also be their first Ibox from scratch, can't see it being an invert personally.

but YAY LISEBERG! We may as well just go live in Sweden now.

Dar

Hyper Poster
How many problems do the park have with noise complaints? A B&M invert is normally quite noisy. How loud are RMCs?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Both can be loud or quiet. If you want a quiet B&M, fill it with sand. If you want it loud, don't. Loud ones use steel wheels, quiet ones use polyurethane/nylon(idk what they use exactly). I also know that Goliath's track was filled with cement, idk about the others though.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I'm hoping for an RMC here, even if an invert would be the better fit. By adding an RMC (hopefully the first T-Rex) Liseberg would have THE world's best coaster lineup in my opinion. If they opt for an RMC, it will need to focus on positive Gs and laterals, and unique sensations to the park such as lateral airtime or hangtime. As much as I want another airtime machine, the park should probably go for an all around intense ride.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I'm very skeptical, and I recommend everybody to take this with an extreme grain of salt in order to avoid disappointment.

The property is huge and there is a big-a$$ old factory still standing on the property. Liseberg is also run by the city of Göteborg and the local politicians have not even decided on how Liseberg should grow on the new property yet. There's not even a zoning plan for the area yet, something that takes years to create, it can't really be that far yet. Also building big coasters in a city on a new property is very controversial in Sweden, so count on it being lot's of appeals when a new zoning plan is about to be voted into effect.

If we have a new coaster for 2018 then great, I will be the first one to get a boner. But I really don't see it as likely.