What's new

Lion's Roar [B&M Sit Down] RLRides

bob_3_

Giga Poster
210419-8.jpg

Background-

Lion’s Roar was built in the 90s to occupy an old animal enclosure as an attempt to draw in more guests with a new type of attraction.

Design -

The design was heavily inspired by Kumba and Dragon Khan, in fact almost a clone and the long lost brother to those coasters. I wanted to capture the magic of the early B&M designs and how groundbreaking they were at the time. Also how they sit so beautifully on the skyline. The environment ensure no sight lines are blocked, this is a ride for people who love watching them.

Elements -

Vertical Loop
Dive Loop
Zero-G Roll
Cobra Roll
MCBR
Vertical Loop
S-Bend
Inter-locking Corkscrews

Notes-

This ride it dedicated to Adam Michael Lyon & Olly Beswetherick <3

Huge thanks to everyone on the discords for helping me push the design further, shout out to Dustin for inspiring the creation of the coaster.. and then inspiring a complete re-design.

LR-screen1.jpg

LR-screen2.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This was fantastic (of course) very definitely the old style B&M, and it was good for it. I'd also add a little sprinkle of Mantis Rougarou in there too, especially that transition from the second loop into the turnaround.

Wouldn't be fair to pick faults - that was ace.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
This was fantastic (of course) very definitely the old style B&M, and it was good for it. I'd also add a little sprinkle of Mantis Rougarou in there too, especially that transition from the second loop into the turnaround.

Wouldn't be fair to pick faults - that was ace.

Thanks Hixee!

Ok, don't be mad, but bit of an experiement I overlayed the CoasterForce Kumba audio over a backseat ride on Lion's Roar and... kinda like it.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
oh and I forgot to put, this is my fav shot of the ride I think, just after sunset. Ok, I'm done, next project, I'll stop spamming now.

LR-screen4-lrg.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Love the layout and flow! Actually gives off very Georgia Scorcher vibes, especially how the sightlines and pacing match up:

LR-screen1.jpg

iu