What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

Pear

Strata Poster
Stall and top hat are complete! Only a little more left to go!

DSC_7832.png

DSC_7819.png

DSC_7820.png

DSC_7822.JPG

DSC_7825.JPG

DSC_7827.JPG

DSC_7829.JPG

DSC_7831.JPG

DSC_7834.JPG

DSC_7818.JPG

Source

Puhveli

Roller Poster
Absolutely gorgeous! Now I'm positive that the construction will be finished in just weeks, maybe even days. I just love that last picture with coaster silhouette. Aaaah! So excited!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
What's the Linnanmäki open season like in terms of dates, weekend/weekday openings, etc?

Each update is just making me want to hear an opening date sooner and sooner and I already want to book flights tbh..

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I have to admit, I was not excited by this coaster really. But the more I follow this construction, the more I'm excited for it.
I was excited at the beginning, then everyone went overboard which dampened my excitement a bit but it looks great, still need to try and weave this into my plans for next year.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I've always thought it would be cool to have a stall up or down the side of a cliff and/or mountain. This is kind of like that. The one I picture would be lower to the ground, more of a terrain. Of course, this is great as well, and all the ride interaction in this park is great!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Hiya! Its been a while since new updates, but the Finnish winter has come, slowing down the construction. The winter holidays have also slowed down work.
From what I have seen from the train is that they are constructing the last footers still for the pieces next to the service-road.
I also found this video from the Finnish tabloid Iltalehti, showing constrution. Please note, that the video is quite old, so the construction isn’t up to date. You can however get a sense of scale for the coaster.
https://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvuutiset/a/151c2ca5-5d5b-4b35-b6b8-ac4377532d61

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Hello! For those who were wondering when Taiga is going to open, we might have a clue when. The park has updated their calendar, showing that the park will open the 26 of April. Could this be when Taiga is opening? The park has only said that the opening will be in the summer, so it might be that the park will stay open when Taiga is being finished/tested. However, the last coaster, Ukko, opened with the park on the 1 of May 2011...
https://www.linnanmaki.fi/fi/tietoa-puistosta/aukioloajat/2019/04/#calendar

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Photo posted by the park on their Facebook...

51272952_10156261646022956_6838847881068150784_o.jpg

I had it in my mind that the track was finished, though that's obviously not the case.

Betting men - would you say this could open with the park?

One construction worker told me it would open in June, and seeing that all promotion for Taiga by the park has stated that it would open in the Summer. Summer doesn't come to Finland until late May, or in the worst case scenario in the end of June. Seeing that the park opens in the 26th of April, I would not rely on Taiga being open on opening day. However, all earlier additions to the park has always opened with the park, so they might want to have it open already then to increase attendance.

SBS

Roller Poster
One construction worker told me it would open in June, and seeing that all promotion for Taiga by the park has stated that it would open in the Summer. Summer doesn't come to Finland until late May, or in the worst case scenario in the end of June. Seeing that the park opens in the 26th of April, I would not rely on Taiga being open on opening day. However, all earlier additions to the park has always opened with the park, so they might want to have it open already then to increase attendance.
The test drives will take about one month and they can’t start them before the spring time. I would say that June is the month when it will be open.