What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It looks good, but comparisons to Taron and Helix this early without a full POV and without riding it are off the mark. We know Intamin are capable, lets hope they deliver another great ride.
No theming tho, so Taron already has it beat there.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Because as fun as it looks it’s really not in the same league of layout as Taron or Helix.
You’re arguing this will be the best coaster on the planet.
Ask yourself - is that true? Is that really true?
Theming-wise? Probably not.
Phantasialand, Kärnan (and even Gardaland) have integrated beautiful theming with big and intense rides. I don't think this will match or surpass them.

Layout-wise? I say yes!
From all the layouts I've seen and ridden so far, this seems to capture the best parts of Helix, Taron and iSpeed - all of which I find have exceptional layouts. I agree with what was mentioned previously: "this thing has 2 launches, inversions, a nice looking top hat, a compressed layout that intertwines with itself and other rides, twisty airtime, it’s made by glorious Intamin, it’s long and it’s fast." and add that it seems to take very good advantage of the terrain and height. That is a lot of good features in a single coaster, and I couldn't ask for more.

I am confident in saying that based on what has already been published, Taiga is my all-time favourite layout (until something even better comes up, but I don't even dare to imagine what it could be).
Now all they need to do is provide a nice queue and station and pair it up with fast and smooth operations.

Maybe I am biased, but regardless this thing will open only a half an hour trip away from where I live, and I couldn't be happier! 2019 cannot come fast enough!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Because as fun as it looks it’s really not in the same league of layout as Taron or Helix.

You’re arguing this will be the best coaster on the planet.

Ask yourself - is that true? Is that really true?

Are you replying to me or ATI or others? Not clear,

I’m trying to remember if Taron had a huge hype when we saw the beginnings of the layout being constructed, I personally don’t remember that much about the layout it was as more that Phantasialand would do an excellent job of theming it.

For me personally this looks like it ticks all of my boxes for what a like in a coaster, snappiness of Intamin combined with elements and inversions similar to helix, that’s why I’m banging on about it. Don’t see this issue with that tbh, this is a thread about a decent new cred after all.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Same as Chris - it's ticking all the boxes for me, and given the stats and likely similarities between this and Helix/Taron, that's where my excitement and thoughts stem.

Do I reckon this'll be a world beater for everyone? No. For me, though, I reckon there's every chance it'll be ranking it in that league and I'm really looking forward to seeing it develop! :)

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
The layout itself is incredible. Love the flow of elements. The speed, however, is what's gonna make or break this. If it runs like my NoLimits mockup of it... not gonna be crazy impressive.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Here's a couple of shots from Taiga construction, taken today at season start:

20180427_192021.jpg

20180427_211422.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Lovely recreation!

I can tell I'll love this. It's seemingly not going to have the huge airtime moments that the likes of Taron, Helix and presumably Icon will have, so happy to hold my hands up and say I perhaps over-egged it a bit for myself.

Still reckon it'll be fab though.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I don't think it looks great, fun yeah maybe.
Worth a few rides but not my kind of ride, not intense enough, that first half is like a monorail.