What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wow! This looks outstanding! Should really put Linnanmäki on the European map, which will be great! Out of interest, is there anything else decent at Linnanmäki? The only other major coasters (note the word major) I can think of off the top of my head are Kirnu, Ukko, Salama and Tulireki, which are all either family coasters or clones. --- I can't imagine an Intamin coaster of this scale is cheap, and I think Linnanmäki is quite a small park.
There's also Vuoristorata, a 1950s side friction woodie with a brakeman, and also a Mack powered coaster and an indoor Zierer Force coaster. I'd say the only real unique coaster there currently is Tulireki, as it's one of only two Mack E-Motion coasters in the world. (Didn't that one at Amsterdam Dungeon get relocated?) But yeah, Taiga will be a brilliant fit for the park and the region!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
This is so awesome, definitely have to go back soon!

Wow! This looks outstanding! Should really put Linnanmäki on the European map, which will be great! Out of interest, is there anything else decent at Linnanmäki? The only other major coasters (note the word major) I can think of off the top of my head are Kirnu, Ukko, Salama and Tulireki, which are all either family coasters or clones. Now there's nothing wrong with a good clone or a good family coaster, which these all look to be, but they won't really put Linnanmäki on the map. This, however, will. It looks like it could be one of Europe's best coasters, and I'm actually incredibly surprised at how good it looks, as I can't imagine an Intamin coaster of this scale is cheap, and I think Linnanmäki is quite a small park.

Linnanmäki is a lot of mediocre coasters and no real substance, allthough I remember really liking Salama, and Kirnu is cool as well, but I have a "soft" spot for Zac-Spins so.

Lofty

CF Legend
There's also Vuoristorata, a 1950s side friction woodie with a brakeman, and also a Mack powered coaster and an indoor Zierer Force coaster. I'd say the only real unique coaster there currently is Tulireki, as it's one of only two Mack E-Motion coasters in the world. (Didn't that one at Amsterdam Dungeon get relocated?) But yeah, Taiga will be a brilliant fit for the park and the region!
Yeah, the Dungeons one is being relocated to the new park in Rotterdam, and it's absolutely ****ing ****e.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Can anyone translate the facts and stats in that video? But holy **** that first inversion and stall! <3

And Taigaa is actually spelled with 2 'a's at the end.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
And Taigaa is actually spelled with 2 'a's at the end.

I think that is just a Finnish conjugation along the lines of "the Taiga" or "to Taiga" or something like that. All press releases both in English and Finnish have spelled the name with one A at the end.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh wow! To think that Linnanmäki could potentially have a coaster as great as Taron in 2019 is crazy!

Pear

Strata Poster
This first element looks incredible

d40b903051f30a3d7af86f97d6948f97.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm excited by this. Video certainly gives me hope that this'll easily be in the same league as Taron and Helix!

*starts looking at costs of flying to Finland*

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks great! POV video is kind of annoying with all the slow motion and edits, will have to wait until they release a full one.

Always love a good top hat.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I mean, it looks fun and all but shall we not bound around the idea it’s going to be the best coaster on the planet because it definitely won’t be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to lightly throw out a 'this will be an amazing ride' line. I hate people who constantly use that hyperbole for any new ride.

But genuinely, from what we've seen so far, I see no reason why this can't be in the same league as Taron or Helix. If a video of a similar style had been uploaded of either of those rides, I'd be just as excited and hopeful as I am now I reckon.

Maybe I am over-hyping it a bit for myself at the moment and when it gets built that'll die down a bit, but meh, I can't wait.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to lightly throw out a 'this will be an amazing ride' line. I hate people who constantly use that hyperbole for any new ride.

But genuinely, from what we've seen so far, I see no reason why this can't be in the same league as Taron or Helix. If a video of a similar style had been uploaded of either of those rides, I'd be just as excited and hopeful as I am now I reckon.

Maybe I am over-hyping it a bit for myself at the moment and when it gets built that'll die down a bit, but meh, I can't wait.

Exactly what I was thinking josh, whilst I’m probably blabbing on this thing has 2 launches, inversions, a nice looking top hat, a compressed layout that intertwines with itself and other rides, twisty airtime, it’s made by glorious Intamin, it’s long and it’s fast. At the moment I can’t really see how this isn’t going to be comparible to Taron / Helix given the picture, stats and glimpse of the POV.

Lofty

CF Legend
I agree with Ben to be fair - it looks like a great coaster, but it definitely won't be the best thing since sliced bread.

Ben

CF Legend
Because as fun as it looks it’s really not in the same league of layout as Taron or Helix.

You’re arguing this will be the best coaster on the planet.

Ask yourself - is that true? Is that really true?