What's new

Lightwater Resorts Master Plan Revealed

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
From Valley Mania.

Lightwater Valley have today revealed their master plan for an on-site resort complex. The draft master plan illustrates that the proposed Lightwater Resorts will be home to 106 holiday lodges, as well as other developments including outdoor activity areas.

In September 1997, a planning application was submitted by previous owners for "resort facilities, including 204 caravans, 136 lodges, reception complex, extension to 'Pub in the Wood' and wet weather shelter." This proposal, which proposed a large number of caravans on agricultural land outside the theme park, was dismissed on appeal in October 2008.

Following a series of pre-application meetings with officers at Harrogate Borough Council since, a new set of proposals for the resort have been developed.

Lightwater Valley will be progressing further on-site technical work/surveys and detailed drawings over the coming weeks to inform their final proposal, and intend to submit their planning application to Harrogate Borough Council before the end of this summer.

Associated Links
Lightwater Resorts Master Plan | Artist's Impressions | Brochure | Exhibition Panels

403567_10150786807581339_279756236338_9793466_1825167170_n.jpg

Look familiar?

392398_10150786807726339_279756236338_9793469_1490633736_n.jpg

294989_10150786807991339_279756236338_9793471_2002843183_n.jpg

Proposed main reception building.

556666_10150786808236339_279756236338_9793472_1342644952_n.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Finally!

Looks really nice actually, but I cant help thinking that Lightwater is an odd park to go for accomodation. Unless they're going to be using 'Yorkshire' as the main attraction?

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
They will be marketing the resort as a "base" to explore Yorkshire. They're under no illusions that as things stand, the theme park is far from a two-day attraction.

Hopefully, in time, with the additional revenue streams the resort will bring, they will be able to further develop the theme park.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wish them all the best with this, hopefully the council will see it's beneficial for tourism and the long-term future of the park and permit it.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
This seems slightly strange to me, when i'm planning to visit numerous places around the same area I would base my accomodation around the most important place I want to visit, unless it was highly inconvenient.

Assuming other people think the same way, I only see the people who really wanted to visit the park and to whom the 'Yorkshire attractions' were secondary actually wanting to base themselves at the park. Theme park accomodation seems to have a stigma of either being overpriced or sub standard, I can't see this 'resort' being many peoples first option for a Yorkshire base.

At best I can see this developing LWV into a family holiday destination which could be of a higher standard than Flamingo Land with its neighbouring caravan site.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The price is something I would worry about too.

And the name, Lightwater Resorts just sounds tacky to me, I hope they come up with something better.

So if this gets approved, when will work start/when are they hoping for it to be ready?

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
The name, Lightwater Resorts just sounds tacky to me, I hope they come up with something better.
screenshot20120518at165.png

It seems like the actual title is Lightwater Valley Resorts, which sounds a fair bit better, but I still agree, the name's not fantastic.

It's also not overly important, the plans and artists impressions look very nice and also very achievable. Artists impressions can often be misleading but this all seems very plausible. It's a lovely place and if they keep the prices reasonable I don't see why this wouldn't be a popular resort for Yorkshire tourists to stay.

marc

CF Legend
Its the perfect time to get this through with more and more people staying in the UK for holidays etc.

Maybe they are 1 year to late but good luck to them.