What's new

Light Aircraft lands on Ferris Wheel

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow! It's a miracle no-one was killed! Looks really funny though, it just slammed into it like that. :lol:

Can you imagine riding the Ferris Wheel and seeing it get closer and closer to the point of realising it was going to hit. You'd then be stuck rotating towards the point of impact with nothing you could do. Must have been quite scary!

Beans

Hyper Poster
I was sad enough to see it BBC News at 6am and there footage was done in a sympathetic way but you could see the newsreader wanted to laugh....

Its' actually a Cheetah S200

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I agree "lands" is a bit of a dodgey term for what that did.

But I guess "the planes landed on the Twin Towers" would have also sounded loads nicer.

Beans

Hyper Poster
My original post now has pilot being recued in a video, the page has been updated, and he is in tears, I should think so, "I didn't see the Ferris Wheel" Well Get Some Glass's.

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
& people say the Ferris Wheel is a ride that lacks excitement... glad nobody was hurt.

Perhaps Thorpe Park should buy the remains & use it for themeing on their next rollercoaster?

Treeis

Mega Poster
Police say the pilot is slowly coming round. (Im just going to be posting ferris wheel plane jokes now)