What's new

Legoland Windsor - Lego Movie World

GregBoxall

It looks like the recent planning application for the redevelopment of Adventure Land has been approved. The new Lego Movie area is set to include the UK's first flying theatre, two family drop towers, a new children's play area and the re-theme of squid surfers.

Although it won't come close to some of the other flying theatres in the world its always nice to see a new dark ride being built in the UK.

SITE_PLAN_PROPOSED.jpgMAIN_BUILDING_ELEVATIONS_PROPOSED.jpg

Images from TTSP Forum

Themeparkmedia

*BUMP*
It appears that Lego Movie World is no more.

Plans have been submitted that basically has all the same features, but a different theme. They don't mention the theme, but its certainly not the colourful Lego Movie World that was to be. Money money is on the new Lego Batman.

Interestingly, they still mention that they want to get it open by March 2021.

All the details

Robbie

Probably because the Lego Movies are being rebooted at a new studio so the elements they were putting in would be even less relevant when the area opens. The plans look to me to be more like Lego Hidden Side, but I guess we'll see.

Themeparkmedia

Probably because the Lego Movies are being rebooted at a new studio so the elements they were putting in would be even less relevant when the area opens. The plans look to me to be more like Lego Hidden Side, but I guess we'll see.
I reckon Merlin didn't want to take the risk if the other movies are a flop. Lego has a huge amount of IP to play with, so better to switch it up before it's built rather than have experiences and attractions that are dated before they've even get off the ground.

JoshC.

I believe Lego wants to move away slightly from their own Lego IPs, to create more park-specific IPs / more accessible themes. A lot of that is following feedback from guests.

So I'd expect something a bit more generic, though still well themed. Sort of like a standard theme park land made of Lego, rather than Lego turned into a theme park.