What's new

Legoland Windsor: Land of the Pharaoh's 2009

nealbie

CF Legend
Having gone to Legoland yesterday, I saw a huge advertisement for their new "Land of the Pharoah's" that will be opening in 2009!

When we went further into the park heading towards the Wave Surfer, we walked past the little circus bit, with the huge red and white canvas circus closed off with fences covered with information about the new themed area.

So this obviously needed investigating as I'd never heard anything about it, so to get a closer look we went on the Lego train to see if anything was going on behind the tent. And there was definitely something going on. (not sure if we got pictures of that or not will look later)

Further investigation at guest services and the like, we discovered that it is going to be a laser ride, like the tomb blaster thingy at Chessington... BUT MADE OF LEGO! :--D

I'm now looking forward to this more than Saw: The Ride :lol:

ryan462

Hyper Poster
lol ^Im supprised no one on here has really found out about this new area!

A shooting laser ride would be great and I really like Tomb Blaster but if you combine it with Lego its even better !

nealbie

CF Legend
legoland-windsor-2009-plans-large.jpg

Planning permission stuff on t'internet

Seems that there will be a bridge over the railway line behind the back of the circus tent into the ride!

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah, they're advertising this in the 4D cinema.
And they show videos of what it will look like.
It looks really impressive, and that shooting ride looks fun as it's got those skeleton lego men. :p

nealbie

CF Legend
legoland.co.uk said:
Kingdom of the Pharaohs

There’s another new land at LEGOLAND Windsor for 2009, and another adventure to be had as we invite you to explore the Kingdom of the Pharaohs.

Hold your nerve and take aim in our brand new dark ride, Laser Raiders, where you’ll battle your way through an ancient tomb in search of hidden treasure, using laser guns to foil booby traps and scare away whatever may be hiding in the dark!

Still feeling brave? Then take a ride on the new Scarab-Bouncers, which could leave you feeling a little jumpy…

The effects look ace on this from what I've seen, and I assume that the Scarab-Bouncers will be like the Berry-Bouncers at Chessington but appropriately themed to the Legoland area.