What's new

Legoland Windsor 2015

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
According to Towers Times, it would appear Legoland Windsor have applied for planning permission for their 2015 attraction, which is apparently a haunted house attraction. From the sounds of it the ride will be similar to Ghost The Haunted House at Legoland Billund, featuring ABC drop towers at the end. According to the plans it will go to the south east of the boating/driving school.

Sounds like a decent plan, the Billund original looks pretty good, and Windsor is in need of a large scale investment like this! (Here's hoping they decide to build another coaster soon!)

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how does the 10m drop compare to Sub Terra and Drop Dead? I can't remember how big they are.

Here's the link to Towers Times if anyone's interested. http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 17&t=38997

Ethan

Strata Poster
<3 Love.

Hopefully this will be a nice, solid addition, if not great! Can't wait to ride it!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
silenthillXD said:
EDIT: Out of curiosity, how does the 10m drop compare to Sub Terra and Drop Dead? I can't remember how big they are.
I think SubTerra is 6 meters, which can't be right. Surely they wouldn't put a taller one at Legoland?

Anyway, it irks when sites don't link the planning permission links.

Here is is if you want to read it in full: http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/view.jsp?ID= ... 251%2FFULL

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
I think SubTerra is 6 meters, which can't be right. Surely they wouldn't put a taller one at Legoland?

Anyway, it irks when sites don't link the planning permission links.

Here is is if you want to read it in full: http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/view.jsp?ID= ... 251%2FFULL

Ah thanks for the link! Was wondering why they didn't put that on the post.

Ha yeah, seems utterly ridiculous that Sub Terra is that much smaller. I mean 10m is pretty high for what is essentially a kids ride! Mind you, Sub-Terra's drop is hardly anything to shout or scream about. I just hope the theming on this lives up to what they're making it out to be, if they do this right it could be something really impressive for Legoland.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Planning permission for the Haunted House has been rejected and the project is now on hold. At a recent meeting, too many locals protested about traffic.

peep

CF Legend
Woah, can't say I was expecting that, just assumed it'd get the go ahead.

If it has been rejected just due to the locals being angry about traffic does this mean they'll reject absolutely everything that gets submitted?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah, so by the sounds of things, Legoland aren't allowed to build anything, ever?

Given how popular the place is, and how much £££ they bring in to the local economy, you'd have thought that the council would support them.... seems crazy to me.

marc

CF Legend
The traffic is a joke there when the park is busy but will a new attraction really increase it that much?

Maybe locals have been getting tips off people near Alton.

Twister Zone

Roller Poster
Pity about the haunted house ride, I bet the drop ride would have been like the drop at The Blackpool Dungeon, I'm not sure how high that was cause it was pitch black but I'm assuming it will be like that in a haunted house ride.

LEGOLAND Windsor need another coaster, when I was there last they still had the Jungle Coaster but it was broken that day & they got rid of it at the end of the season I think. Dragon is ok but they need something really cool to draw our types in. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
85% of Merlin's profits come from the Legoland parks, that's why plan to open a handful all over the world in the next five years. They won't move away from their target market by adding coasters. They will keep to their themed attractions and experiences, rather than thrill rides.

I don't know the ins and out of the rejection, I'm speculating on the traffic issues.

The Haunted House idea has not been thrown out from LLW's plans. It's on hold. My gut feeling is they will have to invest in transport infrastructure before adding major new rides (unless they use existing buildings).

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I wonder if the Hotel has been their undoing? A big building, bringing in a fair bit more traffic above the full capacity days they'd been experiencing anyway. Must have made some difference.

I guess they could build more transport infrastructure, but must be tricky round there. Might need a park & ride or something like that.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Planning permission for the Haunted House has been rejected and the project is now on hold. At a recent meeting, too many locals protested about traffic.

The ba*ds..

LEGOLAND Windsor need another coaster

I agree - Something like polar explorer, a Gerstlauer bobsled, or if they can find the space, a GCI or a really good mine train (colorado adventure?) would be perfect and give them that "family-thrills" attraction they need!

Twister Zone

Roller Poster
marc said:
Our types not their type though and they cater for their target really well tbh.
Yeah they do & I really like the place but it would be cool for the adults who go with their kids.