What's new

Legoland Deutschland | Maximus: Flight of the Guardian| B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Hutch

Strata Poster
I don't know. It looks nice aesthetically but the ride kinda looks pretty poor? Throwing in two slow inversions basically means it's not family friendly anymore (RCDB even lists this as an extreme category). If it didn't go upside down and was just a standard family coaster it'd be fine. But if it's an extreme ride, I can't really forgive that most of the layout will be forgettable.

I just can't figure out the point of this.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I don't know. It looks nice aesthetically but the ride kinda looks pretty poor? Throwing in two slow inversions basically means it's not family friendly anymore (RCDB even lists this as an extreme category). If it didn't go upside down and was just a standard family coaster it'd be fine. But if it's an extreme ride, I can't really forgive that most of the layout will be forgettable.

I just can't figure out the point of this.
I don't know that I'd characterize it as "extreme" just because RCDB does or because it has inversions. Going upside down is a big milestone in a kid's life and the jump from family roller coasters to looping roller coasters is often significant with respect to size and intensity. Gone are the days of Arrow Corkscrews and Schwarzkopf Silverarrows. Nowadays, kids often have to go straight to 4-5-6 inversion monsters. I have a young child who would ask me to measure her height everyday if we had this at our local park. This ride provides something for the upper half of their market and is a great gateway coaster for young riders to take the next step.

I've kind of laughed at how seemingly ridiculous this project has been, but the more I see it, the more I like it and it makes sense. It's kind of refreshing and I hope it becomes a trend.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I have a young child who would ask me to measure her height everyday if we had this at our local park. This ride provides something for the upper half of their market and is a great gateway coaster for young riders to take the next step.
Did they confirm what the required height will be for this one?