What's new

Legoland Belgium in Charleroi

Us3rmane

A Belgian newspaper just announced that Merlin Entertainments is interested by a 100 hectares plot of land in Charleroi to build a new Legoland park !

Here is the news
https://www.lecho.be/economie-polit...BREAKING_NEWS&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SIM

I think it's a great news for the Belgian park industry because it's a major group that is about to be in the country and I hope it will boost the competition in Belgium !

Ggolt

Legoland in one of the ugliest cities in Belgium...
It’s absolutely the ugliest city in our country by far, and maybe even one of the ugliest cities in western Europe. The good thing is though, that the Caterpillar factory wasn’t located in the city limits (might seem logical, but Charleroi is full of industrial companies and factories). The area is right next to the airport and a highway, so it’s like a 30-40 minute drive from Brussels so the location seems perfect actually...

edit: with legoland I believe you meant Charleroi

Last edited:

VikingsAf

edit: with legoland I believe you meant Charleroi
I also read 'is' first :p But then I read it again and the sentence was magically correct.

But interesting. That would make 5 'bigger' parks in Belgium (WAB, Bobbejaanland, Plopsa, Bellewaarde and Legoland), with 2/3 (PHL, Efteling and Toverland) others right across the borders. Imagine Belgium becoming the Orlando of Europe :p (Joking obviously... before people get butt-hurt)

Ries

Legoland in one of the ugliest cities in Belgium...
Could it be that 1) the land is cheap because of this and 2) try to lure some tourists in and upgrade the city.
Was just thinking about that. Because in my mind within the triangle Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent makes more sense to me. Or near Bruges (Coast) or Liege (Other country borders).

Update: I just read that ceo of Plopsa Steve Van den Kerkhof doesn't believe in the plans. There is no room for a Belgium Legoland. Not too weird he will say this. Every visitor there isn't in one of his parks.

Last edited: