What's new

Legendia | Dolina Jagi | Hafema Rapids | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Legendia in Poland has started teasing a new attraction for 2020. CoasterFriends.de user Vince took these pictures yesterday showing the teaser signage. Seemingly some sort of water ride - flume, rapids, water coaster?
9519917d1528130774-2020-neuheit-wasserbahn-legendia-polen-imag1940.jpg
9519918d1528130796-2020-neuheit-wasserbahn-legendia-polen-imag1942.jpg

A 2020 teaser has also appeared on the park map. The new attraction will be situated next to Lech Coaster.
Considering they've started advertising this early, and after the solid investments that were Lech Coaster and Bazyliszk, this will hopefully be a great major new addition.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Is that the area where their old school shoot-the-chutes ride was located? A bit of a shame they spited that, but excited to see what they come up with.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I imagine they'll try and introduce something rather substantial, so they can attract attention / piggyback off of Energylandia's 2020 investments. Certainly looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

peep

CF Legend
Wow, parks are loving their early announcements these days. Do we think it might be due to construction/land work taking it's time so work will start late this year?

Either way it seems like these Polish parks are investing wisely so excited to see what they've got planned.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
A new press release on Hafema's website has revealed a number of their upcoming projects including Legendia's 2020 water ride which will be a Rapids ride!

New HAFEMA rides for parks in France, China, Poland, Germany and NY.
  • Flume Ride for Parc Spirou, France; with vertical lift opening spring 2019
  • 2 Dark boat rides for Evergrande, PR China; opening summer 2020
  • Wild Raft Ride for Legendia, Poland; opening spring 2020
  • Flume Ride for Jaderpark, Germany; with vertical lift opening spring 2021
  • Boating school station for Legoland NY; opening spring 2020
Source
Hafema have previously manufactured River Quest in Phantasialand, Djengu River at Toverland, Jurassic Park Rapids at Universal Singapore, and Tusenfryd, Bobbejaanland and Tripsdrill's rapids.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yay, rapids. Definitely what the park needs to help expand and grow.

The location isn't one that I necessarily would have felt was natural for a rapids ride though, so it'll be interesting to see what they throw up. But based on their recent investments, I'm sure whatever they've got planned will be interesting and the theming will be of decent quality.

As an aside, Parc Spirou are getting a flume with vertical lift? That feels like it should be getting more attention than its getting...

Lofty

CF Legend
Their rapids are SO hit and miss, more so than Intamin ones.

The ones with drops and whirlpools are excellent - Tripsdrill's was poo, Djengu River is not the best, either - although the theming makes up for it.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
As an aside, Parc Spirou are getting a flume with vertical lift? That feels like it should be getting more attention than its getting...
I assume by vertical it means elevator, of which there are already several.

China getting 2 'dark' ones is the exciting one obviously.

Love Hafema for their craziness. Don't think they've ever let me down, but I skipped Tripsdrill's for some reason...

peep

CF Legend
Excellent news, will be really interesting to see what they fit into that spot. While the space marked out by the fencing in park was quite big, for a rapids it was fairly small? Hoping this means a lift with some drops.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
No whirpool ?
Great addition to the park that missed another water ride. Their flume is nice but the dispatch are really slow on it ! I also find the layout pretty simple and hope there will be a drop too :D I hope this will have some surprise, one thing that is missing on lot of Hafema rapids is a wave machine like on the Intamin ones, I hope this one will have it !