What's new

Legendia | Dolina Jagi | Hafema Rapids | 2020

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Mini construction update: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=163284522&postcount=6042#/topics/1814223?page=605

I'm on mobile and can't seem to link photos?

It also looks like the crazy spinning ride, Dragon Riders, is destined to close down.
Not necessarily. There are currently two other flat rides in bits at the park.

Hi. I was at Legendia in September and spoke to park management and Dragon Wrestling tournament, Dragon Riders & Circus Hoppala won't be returning next season. They are all closing down- the cars for dragon riders have been removed and are placed next to the ride body on the grass and the cars from dragon wrestling tournament are in storage. I am not sure if either have been sold or whether they are being sold off for parts but the team confirmed that for me and I was very upset as never got a chance to ride them and they are some of the most unique flat rides in the world.

Tulum

Mega Poster
What in my post implied I don't know that? I was referring to the layout and theming so far. I grew up watching the construction sites at Phantasialand while you obviously took an extra ride on the passive-aggressive-comment-coaster.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's a shame it's such a basic layout. After the park struck gold with Lech and Bazyliszek, it's a shame this is shaping up to be a bit more bog standard, especially since it's from a manufacturer who only ever seem to have hit or miss with their rapids.

Obviously don't want to jump the gun and hopefully the theming makes up for it, but I'm still a little disappointed the layout isn't something more interesting.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
9600232d1584646061-2020-neuheit-dolina-jagi-wild-raft-ride-hafema-legendia-polen-6f0db7bd-3fe3-4b30-ae93-b800a03c8ff7.jpg

Legendia shared yesterday a look at the testing of their new rapids. It seems the ride will be called "Dolina Jagi".
Found through CoasterFriends.de

Christian

Hyper Poster
While it seems to be underwhelming it is a fantastic addition for Legendia. Legendia is a family park and needs to keep being a family park as it can't compete with Energylandia in the thrills department. As Legendia rely on the local crowd they need to be a good place where parents and grand parents can take their kids on a day off or even an afternoon. Building a thrilling rapids like Mystic River Falls would mean that a lot of these families wont be riding it and the kids probably arnt gonna ride alone. I also think Legendia is ideal territory for a Mack powersplash or the new Intamin Ultrasplash which they easily can put on the lake if they want a water thrill ride.

The sadder thing is that Energylandia have a very boring rapids but I guess the shoot the shoot and huge water coaster cover the tame rapids.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I was there last September and dream hunters was running.

To my understanding scary toys has not been operating since 2018. It’s future doesn’t look bright, especially considering the park has two identical models.

Does anyone know the state of circus hoppala at the moment, it was completely bust for the whole of last year, was it looking any better a few weeks ago? @Nicky Borrill

TilenB

Strata Poster
I was there last September and dream hunters was running.

To my understanding scary toys has not been operating since 2018. It’s future doesn’t look bright, especially considering the park has two identical models.

Does anyone know the state of circus hoppala at the moment, it was completely bust for the whole of last year, was it looking any better a few weeks ago? @Nicky Borrill

Circus Hoppala is not listed on the website anymore, while the 2 Zyklons are still listed there, despite seemingly not being operational at the moment.

I can't be the only one being a bit underwhelmed by what Legendia has done lately. Sure, they added a new rapids ride, but they've also seemingly removed 5 of their thrill rides all at once, which feels like quite a lot, tbf.