Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oblivion

• Rita

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
We all know that Nemesis would win hands down with a favourite Alton Coaster poll but I thought it would be interesting to see the least favourite Coaster.

A lot of people seem to love Rita, but a lot seem to dislike it as well.

Maybe Nemesis will not get the least votes, meaning it isn't the favourite if a poll is put slightly differently like this.

So which coaster out of Air, Nemesis, Oblivion and Rita do you like the least?

A

Anonymous

The poll... AT has more coasters than that! You missed out Corkscrew, Spinball and The Beastie.

Anyway, my least favorite is Corkscrew. It just hurts you, no thrill, just pain.

But if it's out of those four only, Oblivion. It's basicly just a drop and a turn. Compared to the other three, it's just boring.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Rita, it is a coaster that was not planned out very well and it feels and looks like a rush job. So Rita it is.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I missed out the other coasters for a reason. I am not stupid enough to forget the other coasters :p

The reason I only included the main four is because if I included all of them it would be a bit pointless because Beastie would get all the votes and this would be a pointless topic.

Ben

CF Legend
It's nothing like a Vekoma.... it's good for one thing.

And it doesn't HAVE to be a B&M you know...

jack

Roller Poster
Rita. Nemesis is well just Nemesis, Oblivion I don't rate but I rate it higher then Rita and I love Air the feeling of airtime and your whole body in 'flight' is amazing. Rita though I feel is rough, ejecter airtime does nothing for me really and only really has the launch.

Fi

Mega Poster
Out of them oblivion is the one I like least since it's so short with just 1 trick. It's still a hell of a lot better than corkscrew, which is just pain and nothing else.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I love them all but it is Oblivion. I still love it but I think the other two are slightly better while Nemesis is a hell of a lot better. But the worst coaster at Alton Towers is Corkscrew.

A

Anonymous

Nemesis - A god amongst, um, other fairly decent coasters? Still, the best thing at the towers, pure fantastic.

Beastie - A kiddy coaster, does what it says on the tin. It can't be expected to be more than that.

Spinball - Dispite being an ugly smur, its awsome fun, really really enjoyable, and I'll always try and get a ride when I'm there!

Corkscrew - Old, but not as painful as people say! Still, boring though.

Oblivion - Awfully short, but a huge rush none the less.

RITA - An awsome little rush-job, always worth a ride. Intense, not painful.

Air - Boring, really. Only slightly good at the back in the rain. Without that, its really naff.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
It's nothing like a Vekoma.... it's good for one thing.

And it doesn't HAVE to be a B&M you know...

Ah but the good people of this forum have taught me that there is nothing as good as a B&M. Maybe I should become an Alton fanboy seeing as how they have three. Oh I am so confused. Whether to follow the crowd at Thorpe or B&M's at Alton. :?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oblivion is my favourite coaster at Alton, yet I love launches & I love B&M Inverters, but Air is very cool :x

I think I'll have to go for Air, its not that I don't like it, its just my least favourite.

I like all coasters, even Corkscrew, even though I do pray for my life whilst riding it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
AeRo said:
It isn't a B&M....it's more like a Vekoma!

HUHHH!!! Nooo, take back that Vekoma comment you, you Vekomist youuu!!!

I say Rita hands down. It's just such a pants ride. Each turn feels the same and instead of the ride feeling more powerful towards the end like most coasters do as a finale, it weakens up and looses its thrill. The launch and the first airtime is about all this coasters got.

I dunno why Oblivion is so high? I mean, we ride drop towers and love them! Oblivion's basically the same thing but facing down! I love Oblivion!

So I'm sorry to say.... well actually I aint that sorry to say, RITA SUCKS!

Richie

Hyper Poster
I'm sad to see my two favourites being the most disliked!

My least favourite would be between Air and Nemesis. Oblivion and Rita are just so much better than them.

I like Air slightly more than I do Nemesis, so I voted for Nemesis. Even though Air is slow and quite boring it still is a good ride and is really relaxing and cool. Nemesis does nothing for me and even though it is still an alright ride, is my least favourite out of the 4.