What's new

League of Goons 2023: Results

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Q1 results

Firstly, my apologies for the delay. Getting a big hammered in "life-outside-CF" at the moment!

Q1 is over (was over a while ago!), so let's see hwo things have shaped up so far!

We've had 23 members sign up so far. Of those 23 members, 16 of you have logged points this quarter. You've scored a total of 11240 points, visited a total of 95 parks and ridden 538 coasters.

Here are the tables, as it stands at the close of Q1:

LoG2023_q1_table.png

Congratulations to @Thekingin64, @HeartlineCoaster and @Projektion for their podium positions this quarter!

Additionally, @Thekingin64 travelled the furthest this quarter - with a trip to Rainbow's End being a whopping 18210km from home! @Projektion submitted the biggest single park visit with 256 points logged at California's Great America!

Here's a world map, with all of the parks visited in Q1 shown.

LoG2023_q1_map.png

LoG2023_q1_heatmap.png

See you in Q2!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Q2 results

Q2 is [well] over, so let's check in with the results!

We've had 23 members sign up so far. Of those 23 members, 17 of you have logged points this last quarter. You've scored a total of 18724 points, visited a total of 201 parks and ridden 1417 coasters.

Here are the tables, as they stand at the close of Q2:

LoG2023_q2_table.png

Congratulations to @HeartlineCoaster, @Eyebrows and @Fi for their podium positions this quarter!

Additionally, @HeartlineCoaster travelled the furthest this quarter - with a trip to SeaWorld San Diego being 8895km from home! @JackFish submitted the biggest single park visit with 501 points logged at Silver Dollar City!

Here's a world map, with all of the parks visited in Q2 shown.

LoG2023_q2_map.png

LoG2023_q2_heatmap.png

See you in Q3!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Right you are. Actually input incorrectly, muscle memory or something. Will affect the points slightly, but not enough to make a difference to the totals.

Even though Heartline has several thousand more points than me, and this slight mistake makes no difference to the standings, I am utterly OUTRAGED at this, and demand compensation. How's about I get quadruple points for the rest of the year?

(Thanks very much as ever for doing this Hixee - the hard work put into it is appreciated!)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Even though Heartline has several thousand more points than me, and this slight mistake makes no difference to the standings, I am utterly OUTRAGED at this, and demand compensation. How's about I get quadruple points for the rest of the year?

(Thanks very much as ever for doing this Hixee - the hard work put into it is appreciated!)
Ten points from Griffindor JoshC.!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Q3 results

Q3 is over, so let's check in with the results!

We've had 25 members sign up so far. Of those 25 members, 16 of you have logged points this last quarter. You've scored a total of 21473 points, visited a total of 204 parks and ridden 1620 coasters.

Here are the tables, as they stand at the close of Q3:

LoG2023_q3_table.png

Congratulations to @JackFish, @HeartlineCoaster and @gavin for their podium positions this quarter!

Additionally, @gavin travelled the furthest this quarter - with a trip to Dollywood being 13,289km from home! @JackFish submitted the biggest single park visit with 485 points logged at Silver Dollar City! The stamina you must have for your park trips is truly staggering. The Q4 figure is hideous! :D

Here's a world map, with all of the parks visited in Q3 shown.

LoG2023_q3_map.png

LoG2023_q3_heatmap.png

See you in Q4!

JackFish

Mega Poster
@JackFish submitted the biggest single park visit with 485 points logged at Silver Dollar City! The stamina you must have for your park trips is truly staggering. The Q4 figure is hideous! :D
Yes, with me being 15 and my parents trusting me enough to drop me at park opening and pick me up at park close while they go do tourist things, I get to run (Actually I sprint across parks) I take pride in my stamina, I work out a lot and it helps me have the most fun possible. I get to do some really huge park visits, I'm hoping to get a better visit to SDC this weekend since I have a trailblazer 😀 Maybe ill see some CF goons there on the 11th and 12th. FYI trip report coming soon for the last visit.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I can't wait for the results @Hixee!!! Im hoping for 2nd or maybe first, but @HeartlineCoaster always has an insane amount of points. It was my goal to beat them however so I am so excited!!
Bare with him JackFish... He has so much on this year that he was contemplating the league's very future, so he may be a bit busy and it may take a while before he can do the huge amount of work involved with those final results. Definitely worth the wait though, the amount of stats he provides... 👍

And good luck :)

JackFish

Mega Poster
Bare with him JackFish... He has so much on this year that he was contemplating the league's very future, so he may be a bit busy and it may take a while before he can do the huge amount of work involved with those final results. Definitely worth the wait though, the amount of stats he provides... 👍

And good luck :)
I know! I know it's worth the wait, and I understand there is a lot on his plate! Just expressing my eagerness not trying to be pushy!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
2023 RESULTS

The 2023 League has finally drawn to a close! I'd like to thank everyone who took part this year - without you we wouldn't have this! To the results!

Total sign-ups: 25
Total participants: 21
Total points logged: 66613
Total coasters ridden: 4912
Total parks visited: 642

I've got some other bits and bobs to share, but I'll save those for after the main results.

LoG2023_q4_table.png

There we have it! @HeartlineCoaster, @JackFish and @Fi coming in first, second and third respectively. HeartlineCoaster had a weak final quarter in comparison to normal years, but it wasn't enough to drop him off that top spot! @JackFish dominated the single biggest quarter, scoring more points in Q3 than everone 9th and below in the final standings for the year! Perhaps another month of those crazy SDC trips could have unseated the reigning champion! Commendations, as ever, to everyone this year - things are generally quite close across the rest of the board.

For Q4 specifically, @Projektion travelled the furthest this quarter - with a trip to Sea Paradise being 10590km from home!

Here are the maps for Q4:

LoG2023_q4_map.png

LoG2023_q4_heatmap.png

For completeness, here's a summary of all the results this year:

LoG2023_y_table.png

Okay, now some more numbers and pictures. I've also done a bit of number crunching now all of the final results are in, and can report the following titbits of information:

Most points in a single submission: @JackFish with one of their insane, literally leg-breaking, trips to Silver Dollar City on 16th December (1007 points). Madness!

Highest number of parks visited: @HeartlineCoaster obviously wins this one again, having visited 92 parks!

Highest number of different parks visited: It's @HeartlineCoaster again, having visited 83 unique parks!

Furthest park visit: @Thekingin64 with a visit to Rainbow's End in January! Held on to that record all year!

Most visited parks:
Thorpe Park - 77 visits, 12% of the total
Chessington World of Adventures - 20 visits, 3% of the total
Alton Towers - 12 visits, 2% of the total
I think this shows both how much a new coaster affects things and how much losing Nemesis means. It also hints at the fact that generally there have been a lot of other park visits, as the %-of-total figures there are a lot lower than previous years.

Most miles covered: @HeartlineCoaster wins this one again, amassing 81,516km!
This has been changed up since last year. Instead this figure is calculating the single loop distance if all parks had been consecutive (i.e. does not account for travelling home between trips). Yes, this is a bit of a janky number, but pretty fair to agree it's an awful lot of distance!

Finally, here's the world maps with all of the parks visited in 2023. Impressive to see quite how many places have been visited.

LoG2023_y_map.png

LoG2023_y_heatmap.png

If you have any ideas for stats or visualisations you'd like to see in 2024, please get in touch and I'll see what I can do!

See you in the 2024 League! 2024 League is going to be a bit trickier to coordinate, but please trust the process and thanks for being patient! Thanks for taking part this year, and I wish you all a safe and healthy 2024.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Thanks again Hixee for the running and tallying - always love the results round up!

2023 ended up being one of my weaker showings, and I think 9th might be my worst positions yet..! Will have to try and step up my game this year if I want to get back in the 'playoff places' as it were.. 😂

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I thought it might also be interesting to see a map/heatmap of every park I've recorded in the League since 2017:

LoG2023_historic_map.png

LoG2023_historic_heatmap.png

I had some legacy data issues, so some parks are missing, but only a handful in comparison to the 3000+ parks visited in total.

JackFish

Mega Poster
Most points in a single submission: @JackFish with one of their insane, literally leg-breaking, trips to Silver Dollar City on 16th December (1007 points). Madness!
Did I get bonus points for my commitment? ;)

Next year, are my visits going to be worth less points? Should I start booking more flights to other places or is SDC going to be just as many points?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Excellent work as always @Hixee, thanks for all your efforts.

Based on these results, I have a good chance of getting furthest distance travelled this year as I'll be heading to New Zealand :D

Can't believe there were only 12 visits to Alton logged all year. The lack of Nemesis will definitely have influenced that but I also wonder if some of the UK based goons are starting to venture further afield more often?